12.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

The book and its letters were glowing so much that you had to squint your eyes so you won't go blind. After a little while, the room becomes less bright so you open your eyes a little more. The book is still open, but the light is slowly going out and you can see the letters better. You slowly walk towards the book and start reading it.

"Welcome, legends. If you're reading this right now, there's a big war coming very very soon. You are the only ones who can save the civilians, they can help but you must defeat the big enemy. Every week you will do preparations for this war, and this book will guide you throughout the whole journey. After the villain is defeated, you are allowed to go back to your world. You can go back. However, that will be permanently, so you'll stay here forever then. But that's not the important subject right now. Good luck with the fight, legends."

You look up at y/b/n, her eyes filled with fear. She's clearly scared, and you are as well. This is such a big responsibility, will you be able to defeat them? What if you're not good enough? Then what?

"Hey, are you alright?" Fishlegs asks you, clearly concerned. You take a deep breath and close your eyes.

"Honestly? I don't know." You say softly, while looking down at the book that you closed. It's all so much to take in.. you and your best friend are the chosen ones.

You didn't notice people leaving you, except for Hiccup so you have some privacy.

"What's wrong?" He asks gently. You sigh and look at him

"I-I don't know. I guess I'm scared." You say in a shaky voice. He wraps his arms around you in a hug. You sigh and lean your head on his shoulder. A hug is really what you need right now.

"Don't be. You and y/b/n were chosen to do this, I'm sure you can do this. It's going to be hard, but it'll be okay at the end. We believe in you." You close your eyes and a small smile appears on your face.

"Thank you Hiccup." You say softly. He lets go of you and looks at you with a smile.

"No need to thank me. You guys are one of us now." He says making your smile to get wider.

"So... what do you guys need to do first to practice?" He asks. You quickly go through the book. On the first page it says "Study Dragons" and as soon as Hiccup sees this his eyes widen.

"Oh this is gonna be amazing, you're gonna love it!! We have the book of dragons, and there are a lot of dragons here as well, it's gonna be SO amazing!" He says excitedly. You smile and nod. A little voice inside of you says "MORE TIME WITH HICCUP!!" But you try to ignore it. He has a girlfriend!!

"Shall we go outside?" He asks and you nod. You both walk outside, and Astrid immediately runs up to him, kissing him full on the lips. His eyes widen and everyone quickly looks away.

"Get a room please!" Snotlout yells

"If that was you and y/b/n you wouldn't mind!" Tuffnut yells, making him blush immediately. You giggle and see that y/b/n's cheeks are a little red as well, making you raise your eyebrow. She quickly tries to hide it

"Okay um let's leave the lovebirds alone then!"
She says and walks sways quickly.

"No wait! Uh... sorry guys.." hiccup says awkwardly while scratching the back of his neck. His cheeks are really red and you can't help but feel a hint of jealousy. You try to shake the feeling off of you and continue walking next to Fishlegs.

"Are you okay now?" He asks you and you smile and nod, making him smile as well.

"Yeah, thanks for asking me." You say.

"Okay, the book said that the first thing we need to do is learn more about dragons, so can you guys help us with that?" You ask. Fishlegs and Hiccup immediately offer help, making everyone laugh a little. I mean, everyone loves the dragons but these two are obsessed with them.

"Okay, so when do we start?" Y/b/n asks.

"How about now? The faster, the easier it might be to defeat the enemy!" Fishlegs says, making you all agree. Before the rest leaves, Astrid kisses Hiccup and hugs him tightly. She glares at you and mouths 'stay away from him' making your eyes widen a bit. How can you stay away from him if he's going to teach you stuff?

She walks away and you and the rest walk to the new library that was built in Berk.

"Uhm... I think your girlfriend hates me." You chuckle a little. Hiccup looks at you confused.

"You mean Astrid?" He asks. You nod shortly.

"Pff, hate is a big word." He chuckles. "I think she's a little jealous maybe?" He says.

"Why would she be jealous?" You ask. He shrugs.

"I don't know." He mumbles and looks away, making you frown. Did you say something wrong?

"We're here! Fishlegs says excitedly, pulling you and y/b/n in the library, making the both of you laugh. He starts looking around and pulls out books about dragons. And oh boy, there are a lot of books about them.

"Okay, how about we start with the book of dragons, how it all began ." He opens the book and starts reading out loud.
Soooo I hope you liked this chapter! I have a lot of tests coming up, the first three are tomorrow (Wednesday) and the last few are on Tuesday next week. Then, I'll have some days off/have to go to school for no longer than like 4 hours, soooo I'll be able to write more then!! I also will be going on holiday starting July 16th, I'll probably write a bit but there's no wifi there ://. So if I don't update much the next few weeks, that's why! I won't forget about this book haha. Anyway, hope you al had a nice day!

Xxx Damla