3.

(REWRITTEN)

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name

•••••••••••••••••••

As soon as we arrived back home I placed the new book on the shelf, next to the other ones before going to the kitchen to make y/b/n and I some food, since all she did for the past ten minutes was whining about being hungry.

"Gosh, y/n, I don't know where I would've been, if you weren't here" She sighed as she leaned against the fridge, staring at the food that was currently in the pan. Drool coming out of her mouth before she wiped it with the back of her sleeve. I pretended to think and smirked slightly.

"Hmm, you'd probably be alone, eating pizza every day for the rest of your life because of your lack of cooking skills. Oh, and you'd be bored out of your mind because your amazing best friend wouldn't be with you to entertain you." I said smugly, making her roll her eyes at me.

"Don't get too confident missy." She laughed and I chuckled while stirring the food. Y/b/n sniffed loudly and closed her eyes as she smiled.

"Oh that smells heavenly, I'm starving!" She said dramatically, her act making me giggle softly.

"Me too." I answered quietly before a short silence followed. It wasn't really an uncomfortable silence, it was actually a pretty comfortable one. That was until she spoke up again.

"Hey, can we read the book together after dinner? I'm kinda excited to read it." She asked as she jumped up and down slightly. The sound echoing through the empty house. I was about to answer until I heard the voice of that old lady in my head again. Something was definitely off about that book. I didn't even notice that my eyebrows furrowed and I was stirring the food a lot slower due to me being so lost in thought.

"Oh no, I know that look..." I heard her sigh. She knows me too well. "What's wrong?" she asked softly. I shrugged.

"Just... what that lady said... she seemed pretty serious you know. What if she's right? What if something is wrong with that book?" I asked, looking up at her. She thought for a while before shrugging.

"Well, if we don't read it we'll never find out, right?" I nodded in agreement. "However, if it's nothing but a dusty old book, prepare yourself for a billion " I told you' s" she smirked, making me giggle and slightly slap her arm.

"Okay." I laughed before looking back at the food, seeing that it was finally cooked. "Oh, the food is ready!" As soon as I said this, my best friend grabbed two plates for us and put them on the table along with a fork and a knife.

"Wow wow, calm down." I chuckled as she quickly filled the two plates and put them back on the tabs.

"I'm just so hungry!" She whined. "Why didn't we just stop at KFC on the way home?" She complained. I shook my head and sat down on my chair.

"It's not healthy, definitely not since you already eat there twice a week. I'm surprised you haven't gotten sick yet." She rolled her eyes and sat down before beginning to devour her food quickly.

"I'm not sure if you're my best friend or my child." I giggled softly. She looked up from her plate and glared at me, making me laugh even harder.

•••••••••••••••••••

"Alright, here we go." I mumbled as I grabbed the book. Holding it already gave me a strange vibe that I wasn't able to explain. I gulped quietly and looked down at it.

"Ah come on, what are you waiting for Y/N?" My best friend said impatiently as she bounced up and down her bed impatiently. I let out an inaudible sigh and walked over to her, sitting down on her bed next to her.