6.

(REWRITTEN)

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name

•••••••••••••••••••

A wide smile spread across my face as I watched the view surrounding me. I was on Toothless' back, and my arms were wrapped around Hiccup's waist. As soon as realisation of that hit me again, I frowned.

"Are you sure Astrid doesn't mind?" I asked him quietly. I was very well aware that the two of them were a couple, and I thought they were so adorable together! A lot of other people who have read the books too don't really like her, but to me she's not as bad as people think she is.

"I'm a hundred percent sure, no need to worry about it." He said. I just nodded, not realising that he couldn't see me.

My eyes darted over to Y/b/n who was sitting on Hookfang behind Snotlout. He was talking, not realising that she wasn't paying him any attention. She just looked at her surroundings and completely ignored him.

"Y/N, hold on tight now, get ready to have some fun." Hiccup said, and I could tell that he was smiling. My grip on him became tighter before we suddenly fell down with an incredible speed. I screamed in excitement and started laughing loudly. Right when we were about to hit the water, Toothless flew back normal again.

"That was so fun!" I said happily as I laughed and looked at the others. Y/b/n was holding onto Snotlout as if her life depended on it as she squeezed her eyes shut.

"Y/b/n come on, it wasn't that scary." I giggled which made her open her eyes and blush in embarrassment.

"What are you talking about?" She chuckled nervously. "I wasn't scared at all." I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

"So, where are we actually going?" Ruffnut asked after a short silence.

"I discovered a new island a while ago, and I thought it would be fun if we explored it together. It seems like a great place to hang out." Hiccup replied. The thought of exploring a new place made me feel excited.

"That sounds fun!" I said happily.  I could hear Snotlout snicker which made me look back at him.

"well, it's 'fun' until you discover that the island has dragons that want to kill you!" He yelled, catching me off guard slightly.

"Actually, Snotlout has a point. You've been there only once and I'm sure you haven't seen the whole island, so what if it turns out to be dangerous?" Astrid asks, and the others agreed with her.

"Ah I'm sure it's not." He said coolly. "Even if it is, we still have our dragons who can help us." He continued.

"Maybe, but I don't see the point in bringing them." Astrid said as she glared and y/b/n and I. I could just feel her gaze on me which send a cold shiver down my spine.

"Astrid..." Hiccup sighed softly.

"What?" She asked. "They don't have any dragons nor experience and I'm pretty sure they aren't trained fighters either, so they're just a bother to us." I bit my lip and looked away. If you think of it like that, it's true...

"Astrid, stop. We are not going on a fight mission, so that's not needed. They'll just stay with us and it can't be that dangerous." Hiccup said as I looked at him. Astrid rolled her eyes in annoyance and gave no comment.

"How about we go a little faster guys? We'll get there quicker that way." Everyone agreed as my grip on Hiccup tightened more. I leaned my head on his back and squeezed my eyes shut in fear, which didn't go unnoticed by him.