2.

(REWRITTEN)

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name

•••••••••••••••••••

"Y/N, you, lazy ass, wake up!" Y/b/n yelled loudly as she jumped on my bed. I let out a loud groan and hid my face in my pillow, not wanting to get up. Why did school have to start so early in the morning?

"Five more minutes, please." I mumbled, earning an annoyed sigh from her as she started shaking my shoulders.

"No Y/N, we need to go to school!" I groaned loudly and finally sat up straight, looking at her in annoyance. Y/b/n was looking at me with a big smile, all dressed up and times like these were moments where I wondered why I moved in with her, until I remembered that she was my best friend.

"Finally!" She exclaimed cheerfully, clasping her hands together. "Come on and get ready, we're leaving in thirty minutes." I nodded without saying a word before she left the room. A groan left my mouth as I stood up slowly, still not having the motivation to go to school, hence why my movements were so incredibly slow.

I opened my wardrobe and grabbed a pair of jeans and a T-shirt before walking down the stairs. Y/b/n was already waiting, holding her backpack as she was jumping up and down in excitement.

Why was she so excited?

"Okay..." I said, dragging out the 'a'. "Why are you so excited for school?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow and looked at her suspiciously. She has never been excited for school, which was why this was pretty weird to me.

"What are you talking about? I just uh," she paused for a second before speaking again. "I'm just excited that I get the opportunity to learn new things today?" She said, her response sounding more like a question than an answer. I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

"Or is it because of Andrew?" I teased, and soon after that question her cheeks turned a bright red as she avoided eye contact with me, already answering my question.

"W-what?" She chuckled nervously. "Pffft, why would you think that- okay I'm horrible at this yes maybe." She muttered as she played with her fingers, making me smile.

"Well, let's go to school then!" I said and she smiled at me before we left the house to walk to school, since it was not very far away.

When we arrived at school I saw Andrew leaning against his locker as he kept looking around as if he was searching for someone- that someone was y/b/n. I turned my gaze to my best friend who was smiling widely while looking at her crush. She looked at me and sent me a doubtful look.

"Is it okay if I-" "sure" I chuckled and she smiled, hugging me quickly before running up to Andrew. I couldn't help but smile at the two who were absolutely crazy for each other. Despite the obvious signs that they liked each other, they still were scared to make things official. Now the both of them were a blushing mess which was absolutely adorable!

The bell ringing loudly interrupted my thoughts and made me aware of where I was again. I got my books and then quickly walked to my class, sitting down on my seat and putting my books on the desk.

"Oh look, it's the crazy book girl." Someone mumbled, making me roll my eyes in annoyance. I decided to just ignore the comment and acted as if nothing was wrong.

They just didn't understand the beauty that books possessed. Yes, films are great, I'll admit that, but in books you can imagine it all yourself! You can completely make up what the characters look like in your head.

Books had always been my escape from reality. When I read, it was like the real world didn't exist anymore. It was just me and the book, nothing else mattered.