5.

(REWRITTEN)

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name

•••••••••••••••••••

As y/b/n and I walked to the house Hiccup told us we could stay in, both of us noticed that people in the village glanced at us out of curiosity, which is quite understandable considering that Berk isn't exactly a very peaceful village. As soon as we got inside and closed the door, I looked at y/b/n, worry clearly shown across my face.

"What do we do now? We just told Hiccup we're from some kingdom but how are we going to tell him the truth? Do we even have to do that? Should we find Gothi by ourselves? What if we tell them and they'll think we're insane and-" I was interrupted by y/b/n's hands covering my mouth to stop my rambling.

"Girl, calm down. We just got here, so let's get to know everyone better first and then tell Hiccup the truth. I'm sure it'll be fine!" I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at her.

"bu ho..." I groaned in annoyance and pushed y/b/n's hands off of my mouth and spoke up again. "But why would he believe us? : How are we going to tell him in first place? 'oh hello Hiccup, we're from a completely different dimension where you all are fictional characters and a strange book we found bought us here. ' They'll think we're mental!" I exclaimed, catching my breath at the end.

"Y/n, this is a place filled with dragons. I'm pretty sure this won't be surprising and besides, the- wait a second." She stopped and looked at me, panic evident in her eyes. "Where's the book?" I gasped softly as my eyes became the size of golf balls.

"I-I swear I had it with me when we got here!" I stammered helplessly.

"Wait, maybe Hiccup has it with him." My eyes got even bigger and panic took over my body as I rushed back to the door. "We have to get it now! What if he reads it?" I voiced my thoughts out loud.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he won't. We're just going to his house and ask him politely if he has the book, if so we take it and if not we just go back. No big deal." I sighed softly. She was right, I guess I just didn't think straight for a while.

Hiccup's POV

"Who were those girls, Hiccup?" Mom asked as she played with Toothless who was releasing joyful growls .

"Their names are y/n and y/b/n, and they're from a place far from here. Some men thought they were Dragon Riders and kidnapped them." I explained while I sat down next to my mother, who nodded. I looked at Toothless and then noticed something in the bag that was still attached on him. Mom saw it at the same time and asked, "What's that?" I shrugged as I walked over to Toothless.

"I think it belongs to those girls." I mumbled as I opened the bag and saw a big book. I put it on the table and looked at it in curiosity. Should I look in it? I mean, it was just a book. Nothing dangerous...

My fingers were about to turn over the cover when I heard soft knocks on the door. I stood up and went to open the door, revealing the girls in front of me. They seemed a little startled.

"Uh, hi Hiccup. Excuse us for bothering, but uhm, did you perhaps find a book when you were with us? Because well, erm, it's ours and we would like to have it back. If it's not here that's okay, y/b/n and I will just look for it tomorrow and.. we'll.. yeah." She rambled as a small blush covered her cheeks.

"Well, actually I just found it." Their eyes widened for a second before sighing in relief. Honestly, their behaviour made me even more curious. What was so important about that book? "I'll get it for you." I said before going inside to get the book and handed it back to the girls.