Alone

"What the hell do you mean she's leaving?" James got up from his seat and grabbed my phone. "This is the message she sent to me, after we had an argument.. it's all my fucking fault I'm so-" The burning sensation in my eyes returned. I tried my best to hold back the tears that were forcing their way out.

"Stop. It's alright. Let's just figure this out okay?" He placed a hand on my shoulder. James read the message a couple of times before handing the phone back to me.

"If she leaves what if she doesn't come back?" I could feel my face flush as tears streamed down my face. James has been the only one to see me cry and he still looked shocked at my reaction. Instead of saying anything, James gave me a rare hug.

"Aleks it's going to be fine. She's not going to leave us forever," He sighed into my ear. I broke from his embrace and collected myself. Wiping the tears from my eyes with a sleeve, and rolling them back up. Behind me I heard the lock unlatch. I pushed James out of the way and pressed my back against the living room wall. Just as I suspected, Y/N walked through the door and greeted James.

"What's up?" She said nonchalantly. "Nothing really.... hey why are your eyes all puffy?" James asked, I didn't want to risk exposing myself so I stayed put. 

"No reason," I heard her sigh and something thump on the ground. Probably her bag. 

"Anyway I'm going to edit so just call me if you need me." Her footsteps could be heard all the way upstairs.

"You can come out now? Why did you hide?" James came around the corner with his brows raised. "I just didn't.. want to face her right now." I passed him into the kitchen. James shrugged, picking up her bag and placing it on the table. He had to leave for a few hours so I would be alone in the house with her again. There was an option to go home, but all of my recording gear was here. I trudged upstairs and slowly opened the door. Y/N had her headphones on, she was laughing at something on the monitor. I took my seat, my back was turned to her now. My computer booted up and I opened my editing program. Two hours went past before she noticed I was in here. "You ignoring me?" She took my headphones off and placed them on the desk.

"No." I sighed, "but every time I try to apologize you don't want to hear it."

"And I have a right to be mad about the other things.. but I'm sorry I didn't listen to you yesterday.." She took a seat beside me. For the first time in a while I got a good look at her face. Her eyes were still puffy like James said. "Were you crying?" I asked. Y/N averted her gaze and nodded.

"Because of me?" I asked her again and she nodded. My chair creaked as I slumped back into in. We both sat in silence for a while. "If I leave," She began, "I will come back." She cracked a small smile.

"They'll miss you," She shifted uncomfortably at my words, "and so will I.. I mean.. of course."

"I'd miss you guys too," Y/N unexpectedly reached over and wrapped her arms around me. She practically pulled me out of the chair and began rubbing her hand over my hair. I laid my head against her chest and closed my eyes. 

"And I forgive you." 

Your POV

Aleks was sound asleep as I ran my fingers through his hair. This was nice but It was cut short as I heard James' car roll into the lot and I carefully leaned Aleks back into a sitting position. Now I could clearly see the bags under his eyes and my heart dropped.

Trevor was standing in the kitchen with James when I walked in. They both looked at me as if they were keeping a secret. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," Trevor continued to look at James. I could tell he was nervous.

"Are you actually leaving?" James stopped leaning against the sink and stared down at me.

"...I am." The room had an uncomfortable silence. I heard Trevor's long drawn out sigh. "But Its something I have to do for myself, for a while." I continued, they both looked at me now. James crossed his arms and looked up at the ceiling, "okay. You can still edit from home right?" His warm smile instantly made my heart flutter.

"Of course!"

I had left my old job and now was editing full time for James. So finding a job wasn't on my list of worries anymore.

-

James and Trevor continued to help me pack until only a few boxes were lined against the wall. All that was left was my computer, and furniture. But that would have to go in storage anyway for when I come back.

Trevor left first, he hugged me tight and waved until he was out of sight. It was just James and I. He awkwardly placed a box on the floor and looked back at me. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked again. Our eyes met for a second James placed his hand on my shoulder and then brought me into a hug. "We're gonna miss you a lot..." he whispered.

"I know. I'll miss you too." I clutched the back of his shirt and leaned against his chest. The atmosphere of my house was what I would also miss. From the moment I stepped in here to the moment I left Colorado I would miss it. My parents had already come up to pick Luna up, and took some of my belongings. James kissed the top of my head and said his goodbyes. I'd miss him and Trevor the most.

-

The morning came before I had time to really grasp that I was leaving. Trevor had the car running for me when I lugged my luggage outside. The movers had already arrived at 7am and were long gone. James, Aleks, and Joe came to say goodbye. We all hugged and I got into Trevor's car. I watched them in the rear view mirror for a long time until they disappeared from sight.

When Trevor and I arrived at the airport I felt a pang of sadness in my chest. We made our way to the terminal, and that's where we would part ways. "You're my best friend, I'll miss you a lot dude. Don't forget to text me." He said as we embraced again.

"I will. I'll miss you!" I smiled back to him and pulled my luggage over the tiles as it clicked. Memories of going to RTX with the boys came flooding back, and I felt tears forming in my eyes. Only a year. It's only a year until I see them again.

I turned around and Trevor was waving at me so I waved back. The airport was crowded as I boarded the plane and took my seat near the window. As the plane took off I felt myself drifting to sleep. My dreams consisted mainly of Aleks and when I woke up I thought I could feel his presence beside me. My hand fell on an empty arm rest instead of Aleks' arm. Then, I couldn't hold my tears anymore.

I really was alone.

Aleks' POV

James appeared in the doorway and sat down beside me. Before he could say anything his phone began to ring. I felt my heart thump, I secretly wished it was Y/N calling to say she changed her mind. But the look on his face told a different story.

"What do you mean?" I heard him from the hallway, "o-okay I mean I don't really understand why..." James came back shortly after. I could tell something was wrong just by his expression.

He set his phone on the counter and rubbed his face. "Bad news Aleksandr.." James began, he sat back on the couch and took a deep breath.

"We're getting evicted."

To Be Continued ...
Thank you all for reading and supporting this story! ❤️

I'll be sure to post an update here when the next book is out ~