When It Rains

"James," I whined, pushing the fan closer to me with my foot. He sat with his head on his hands and sighed loudly when the cool air was pulled away from him.

"Yes?" He huffed.

"Fix the damn AC, please." The tone of my voice made Ein flatten her ears and yip at James who pat her on the head.

"I'm not a mechanic, honey bun." He said mockingly. The rest of the boys had gone off to their own places until a real mechanic came to do repairs. 

James shifted his body to get closer to me, in turn hogging the fan, "why did you come over?"

"Oh just to hang out with my best friend." A smile spread across my face, and his cheeks were tinted a light pink as his eyes wandered to mine, "But Trevor isn't here."

"Yeah, yeah." He brought his hair up in a bun and glanced over at me again. I was staring just like always, "you want a picture this time?" His soft brown eyes lit up as he flashed a smile, I really couldn't help but stare more. He was dangerously attractive.

Just as I was about to defend myself, my phone began to buzz; Aleks' name flashed on the screen. I held the phone to my ear and waited to hear his voice.

"Hey, so I know you probably don't want to stay in that stuffy house so .. you want to come over?"

"Sure." I said, keeping my voice as monotone as possible to shield the fact I was more than excited. My phone clicked off, James was now staring at me with a look of annoyance plastered on his face, "and you're going over there? You're gonna end up hurt by that boy."

I tried my best to avoid his gaze, and got up from the couch, "I'll be fine." My voice was meek as James towered over me.

"Be safe then." His body moved away from me and then I was alone.

~

A few minutes later, my car was parked a few blocks from his apartment because every parking space was packed. The sky was turning an awful shade of grey; I just had to come out when it was going to storm. Footsteps echoed in the empty hallways of the apartment complex as I reached his door. Before I knocked I heard two voices coming from behind it. My heartbeat began to pick up, I placed an ear against the door.

"...why not? Aleks can't we just ..."

" I have plans, I'll text you."

"Fine, I love you."

"Love you too."

There was no doubt in my mind that the two voices were Aleks and another girl. I felt my chest tighten up. I couldn't stay here any longer. The echoes of my footsteps laughed at me as I ran out of the apartment, I was so angry that I didn't realize my tears were blurring my vision. I didn't want to go home. I didn't want to be anywhere. Rain began to slam down hard on my windshield making it even harder to see. When I stepped out of my car I realized I was near the park, and my feet carried me further into the trail. There I slumped down in a bench and began to cry out of frustration. The pavilion overhead was the only means of protection against the pelts of water but I didn't care either way.

After a short while my phone began to buzz again, I felt a hot rage burning up inside of me. I held my phone tightly in my hands and prepared to launch it in to the creek. But, I didn't, instead I stared at Aleks' name on the screen and forced myself to not answer. It wasn't worth it. I should have just listened to James.

The weather began to soften it's attack on the pavilion, my phone buzzed once more. This time I picked up and heard Aleks ask where I was. All I wanted to do was yell, and scream at him, but instead I took in a deep breath.

"You could have at least invited me over when your girlfriend left." I hissed sarcastically, and he made a startled noise. My thumb tapped the hang-up button and I scrolled to Trevor's contact. Letting the phone ring until I heard his calming voice.

"Y/N?" He asked softly, I realized I probably woke him up.

"I'm sorry, but, can you come over to my house?" I sniffed. Water dripped down graciously from my scalp and onto my face, mixing with the tears that were still falling from my eyes.

"Of course I'll be right over."

Eventually I made my way home, still my eyes burned but no tears would come out. My knees collapsed on the tile in front of my door. There I waited for the only person I wanted to see.

Trevor made his way through my unlocked door and gasped when he saw me on the floor. My drenched clothes clung to my body, and he kneeled down to my level.

"What happened, huh?" He held a hand to my face and rubbed my cheek gently.

"Aleks." I hiccuped. My brows furrowed at his name and I threw my jacket against the wall.

"Goddamn it Aleks.." He sighed heavily and hung my jacket up near the door. It had landed next to my shoes which were neatly placed against the wall. I felt my body slowly lift from the ground, Trevor's warm arms cradled me as he took me to the kitchen and sat me on the counter.

There was a pained look on his face before he spoke, "...He's an idiot." 

Trevor brought a towel and began to dry me off and brought me a change of clothes. I took them into my spare room and began to change. When I was finished he ordered me to go sit on the couch, so I did. Then, he carefully brought over two cups of tea and set them on the table. He brought me closer to him and we both watched TV together for a few hours. My head laid gently on his shoulder as I took small sips of my tea.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes. Thanks." I cracked a smile for him. We spent the rest of the night watching Netflix and playing dumb games on our phones until I fell asleep.