Tattooed

My room was pitch black when I woke up. I remembered was that it was the weekend, so I had off from work. I managed to turn on my lamp, and get out of bed. I rummaged through my dresser until I found suitable clothes and put them on. I had chose my regular skinny jeans, and a plain shirt with a jacket. Luna was waiting for me by the front door after I made my way downstairs.

Seeing the leash always made Luna excited, she danced around me and stopped so I could drape it around her neck. We began our walk to the park. It had cooled down considerably from yesterday but it was still stuffy outside - I regret putting this jacket on.

Luna and I finally got to the park. She was bobbing in and out of the trees and bushes. Sometimes forcing me to speed up just to keep up with her pulling me along. Eventually she calmed down, and I was staring at my phone as I felt myself bump into something in front of me.

"Shit, I'm sorry." A male voice said. He reached his hand down to help me up. Luna was immediately by my side, she was trying to nudge the person away from me.

"It's .. okay I really should have been looking where I was going." I replied before grabbing his hand and standing on my feet.

Then I glanced up at him, the street lamps illuminated his sharp features. He had a flannel on which was rolled up enough that I could just make out the tattoos that lined his arm. My heart jumped a little. He seemed to be waiting for me to say something but then he spoke up.

"I haven't seen you around before, did you just move?"

"Yeah, from my parents.. " my voice trailed off, "I should go." The slight tug on Luna's leash signaled for her to follow.

"I'll see you around." He said back, his voice echoed in my ears as I passed the park entrance to leave. I waved my hand behind myself as I continued passed the gate.

Before long my house came into view and I picked up speed. My eyes felt heavy, tired, the meeting in the park had wore me out. I glanced over to the house again. The house with the men who loved playing in blow up pools. 

**

My eyes opened to my living room ceiling - I fell asleep on the couch. I don't even remember falling asleep but I just accepted it. Luna strolled outside to do her business, and my stomach forced me to get breakfast. 

Looking at the clock, it was about 11 am on a Saturday. I walked out on my front porch and noticed a package neatly set in front of me.

I stood there examining the box, there was a familiar company name on the front. I looked up to see a guy in a manbun looking at me, waving. Naturally, I waved back, and he quickly came over to my porch.

"Hey sorry about the whole pool thing you witnessed. Didn't mean to scare ya." He said. He had this big stupid smile on his face for some reason.

"It's fine, it's your yard, I just went outside at the wrong time." A smile formed on my lips, mostly because he was making me feel flushed. He continued on with how they were filming this and that. They had a YouTube channel and he implored me to check them out sometime.

"Oh, so it was just some sort of skit?" I asked, which he nodded. He seemed proud of himself. Probably the mastermind behind it all.

We talked for a while before he said bye and walked back over to the house. He had told me his name was James, and that I should come over sometime. I didn't know what to think about that really. After a while, my doorbell rang. 'Fuck yeah, food's here!' I thought, my stomach growled in response.

The door opened to James' face instead of the delivery man.

"Forget something..?" I asked, my hand was on my stomach. I felt kind of disappointed but surprised too.

"I know I asked before if you wanted to come over sometime, but I think this time should be now." He said.

His deep brown eyes locked with mine, I couldn't say no. "Fine .. fine I'll come over. But I need to eat first." I said, "I'll see you soon."

I closed the door and before I could walk back upstairs there was yet another person at my door. The delivery man, finally. I paid him and sat down to eat - thinking of what I would even do with James at that house. Nothing weird of course, but I haven't even hung out with anyone in a long time.

I went into my bathroom and put on eyeliner and some dark eye shadow. I tried to do something with the mop on my head, but came to the conclusion that I should just straighten it. Then, I let Luna out before leaving and stood on my porch. The breeze rustled my hair and I glanced once more to the house before making my way over.