Silence[2]

Two weeks later -

The stairs creaked as my feet pressed down on them. No one was in the house again. For the past two days everyone has been gone the entire day. They were filming more stuff outside recently. My reflection shown in the glass door, I opened it to greet the fluff ball waiting for me. Mishka yipped and ran around my feet. She motioned me to her food bowl.

"Did Aleks feed you today? I didn't think so. He's so rude." I cooed at the dog who stared with bright eyes. The food clinked in her bowl which prompted her to begin scarfing it down.

I gently closed the door of the house and wandered over to mine. My own dog jumped at me as soon as I walked through the threshold. She spun around in circles, waiting for me to take her for a walk. The rest of the time consisted of us playing in the park.

In the distance, James, Aleks, and Trevor were in the field with Joe and Asher filming close behind. James would probably tell me later. He has been acting extra weird around me lately. Honestly with everything Aleks has been doing to me I'm sort of glad James is there to make me feel better.

The wind brought a chill through my body, it was almost October. Halloween would be a fun distraction from everything going on. I tugged on the leash for Luna to follow. She trotted a few feet in front of me, looking back every so often. When I was almost back to my house I saw James' car sitting in the parking lot. Luna went to lay down beside the heater, and I locked the door. As I entered the kitchen, Aleks passed me without looking my direction.

"Hey." James smiled, and I realized that he had a gorgeous smile. I suddenly felt butterflies, "h-hey." I managed through my sudden nervousness.

It was becoming more apparent that I also had feelings for James. He would just look at me and I would feel funny. His long dark locks rested on his shoulders. He wore a maroon, long-sleeve shirt that accentuated his features.

"Y/N?" A hand waved in front of my face.

"Oh. Sorry." My thoughts raced as soon as he took his attention off of me again.

Aleks' POV

She stood there in the hallway when I passed her, but I couldn't bring myself to say anything. Y/N rarely texted me either unless she needed to know where Trevor, or James was. She always seemed to be giving her attention to James.

I was jealous.

But she was right to do that. I treated her badly, but I wish she would understand that night my Ex came to my apartment was a misunderstanding. I slid my fingers through my hair and sighed deeply. The front porch was barren save for a small plastic chair. I could go back to my apartment since we already filmed; but I was feeling depressed. Being isolated in my room would make it worse.

That's when I heard footsteps behind me. "You ready to go?" James nudged me with the side of his foot. I had forgotten we agreed to go out to eat.

"W-where are we going again?" Our eyes met and he made a face.

"How'd you forget?? Were going to Five Guys." He laughed, patting me on the back. We decided to take my car.

On the ride there I thought about why James isn't treating me any differently. I can't say for sure if he likes Y/N, but I wouldn't be lying if I said he was interested. I could tell. And the fact that I kissed her, lead her on and hurt her made me question why he hasn't said anything more about it.

We arrived at the restaurant in 15 minutes, James stretched as soon as he got out of the car. "Driving feels like forever when you're hungry." He chuckled.

"Yeah," I sighed.

We ate in silence. Mostly because James was busy on his phone as usual. He was probably fucking around on Twitter.

"So, about Y/N.." he suddenly said. His brown eyes were locked on mine in an instant. A wave of guilt rushed over me. My mouth opened to speak but he cut me off, "You guys need to make up."

"What?" I breathed, he was still staring at me.

"I saw what happened in the house, you two didn't even speak to each other. Did you not apologize for what happened?" He raised a brow.

My hand began to sweat, "Aleksandr."

"Uh, well I tried. But I can never find the right time to properly say it.." I fidgeted with the zipper on my jacket. "Anyway.. don't you two? You know?" James averted his eyes at my question.

"Well," he shrugged, "it's just complicated I guess."

"Complicated." I looked down at my half eaten food.

"Yeah, it's like it's weird because I know she likes you." James began, "I feel like if I make a move, she would only like me because she feels hurt right now."

His words shocked me but they made a lot of sense. More guilt washed over me, not only was I hurting her but I was also hurting my best friend in the process.

A/N I hope you guys are still enjoying the story ! Thank you for reading!