Hedgehog's Dilemma

Thank you everyone for reading this far!! Please leave feedback, and or general comments! :)

My eyes fluttered open to the ceiling of our hotel room. A hand was lightly placed on my shoulder, the owner fast asleep and snoring lightly. My brain finally processed that it was in fact Trevor. I don't remember a lot from last night, when Aleks and I spent a few hours together exploring the city. I don't even remember coming back to the room. My legs guided me to the bathroom and when I came out Aleks was mumbling something in his sleep. He was sprawled out on the bed, shirt off.

James was still asleep, clutching a pillow to his chest, while Joe was twisted up in the blankets, his leg dangling off the bed. The balcony door quietly opened, and I stepped out to look at the city before me. It had to be about 7 in the morning - I'm never up this early.

It was 8 AM - The first of them to wake was Joe; he said hello to me and proceeded to hop in the shower before the others. My hands gently shook Trevor, and James awake. When James opened his eyes and saw me they grew wide. "I'm up, I'm up!" he spat. Moving away from my grasp and stood beside me. 

Next I walked to Aleks' bed and placed my hands on his bare shoulders. Beginning to shake him more aggressively then the others. His brown eyes flicked open at this rude awakening. "Fuck, okay, I'm up." A tired voice growled.

Joe returned from the bathroom and so Trevor proceeded to go in and shower. I got dressed in the closet, because I was too impatient to wait. My outfit consisted of a CowChop shirt that Joe let me borrow, black pants, and maroon vans. Aleks' hat sat backwards on my head and I turned around. 

"Hey guys, ImmortalHD here." I teased and James couldn't contain his laugh. The victim of my harassment was sitting up now, clearly not in the mood for any shenanigans.

Our trek to the convention center was a lot cooler this time. The heat had not yet risen to blistering temperatures. James, Joe, and Aleks had gone ahead to transport the equipment and set-up. Trevor stayed behind to walk with me. "How are you feeling Trev?" I asked quietly. "Fine, dude, I'm just tired. Also - ... where were you last night." His voice crashed down on me like a parent finding out their child did something bad. 

"Aleks wanted me to walk with him. Late at night." I squeaked. With that Trevor nodded and we continued on. It was a relief that he didn't prod any further, though it's not like anything happened.

Aleks was standing in the middle of the back room moving around lights and setting the cameras on the table. James and Joe were in the panel room, making sure everything was in order. Trevor checked every camera battery, thrice, and took them into the next room. My job was to .. well .. I guess just to enjoy the show.

I sat quietly in the back row and watched the boys take their seats as the people came pouring in. Not noticing that I had already been there. The room was soon filled to the brim, tons of people of all ages were sitting in front of their idols. It was rather cute.

Shit, I still have Aleks' hat on. My palms immediately became sweaty at this sudden realization. My eyes flicked to him as he answered a few fans questions and brightened up when a fan asked one that was rather risque ~ . Then a new face showed up from the doors, strolling in as if he wasn't late. His manly features stood out against the others, large arms, and a tank top that draped his torso perfectly. It might just have been the most beautiful thing I have ever witnessed; besides Aleks topless and covered in ice cream.

Suddenly James' voice boomed through the microphone, "ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED UP, BRETT!" This caused the crowed to roar with laughter, all the man on stage could do was shrug, smile, and pull up a seat by Aleks. 

-

The panel was over and I waited for everyone to leave before I walked back on stage to greet Trevor. "You alright?" I asked, which he nodded quickly and walked to the backroom.

"Who's this one?" Brett's voice was smooth and sarcastic, he walked towards me just as I was about to walk away. 

"That's (Y/N)! and (Y/N) this is Brett! But I'm sure you heard that.." James answered and smiled at me. "N- Nice to meet ya .." I stuttered and shook his hand. The handshake was strong and in all one motion he pulled me into a hug. Letting me go before I could even blink. 

"Don't be scared, I won't bite." His words made my heart skip a beat. "You look pretty cute in that hat, by the way." My eyes shifted back and forth from James, Brett, and .. ALEKS! A small "Thanks." was exchanged and I quickly disengaged from the whole thing to walk over to Aleks who was on his phone. I placed the hat onto his head, "You forgot this." a sigh escaped my mouth; he turned to me and nodded a 'Thanks'.

Brett and James had already walked to the backroom when I turned around. "Are you coming?" Aleks immediately got up when he heard me ask. "Don't worry about Brett, he's just a sarcastic asshole." His smile was enough to calm my nerves. 

The warm air surrounded us as we walked back to the hotel room and said our goodbyes to Brett who headed back towards the convention center. Aleks was silently walking beside me. 

"Brett can be an ass but don't worry about it too much." He said nonchalantly. 

~

Aleks and I were the only ones in the hotel room now. James and the others had gone off to hang out in the city. 

"What do you want to do?" I asked him and brushed off my pants. "Dunno. We should have went with them .." He mused. I don't know why we didn't, but part of me was nervous to run into Brett again. I sat cross-legged on the bed and rested my chin on my hands. Then he began giggling, which turned into a full blown laugh. 

"PLEASE look at this," He jumped over to me and shoved his phone in my face. The picture was just a distorted meme, sort of funny, but he was laughing so hard that I couldn't help myself either. We were close together now, he hadn't moved and kept scrolling through his Twitter feed. I saw various pictures of Trevor being posted from James' account. 

We sat there for the rest of the night looking at memes and watching YouTube videos until the others came back.