In Your Eyes

"Why'd you drag me out to Costco." My head was pounding with a migraine.

"James said we have to get stuff this time, he gave me this huge list." Trevor retorted as we turned into the parking lot.

I reached for the piece of paper and read over it. Typical James. Stuff that we really don't need coupled with a handful of items that we do.

Trevor tapped his finger on the steering wheel and clicked the radio off. James let us take his car because it has a lot more room than mine. 

Later, we arrived at the house, lugging everything inside. Aleks was standing in the kitchen seemingly lost in his thoughts. I quickly looked away from him and placed some of the bags on the floor.

"Aleks come help us," Trevor alerted him. Aleks rolled his eyes and joined Trevor outside.

~

It was my turn to clean the kitchen, as I wiped down the counter tops while James and Aleks were filming in the living room. When I was done I leaned against the table to watch them. Aleks was laughing and James threw his controller across the room.

A little while later the Russian greeted me in the kitchen. Seemingly in a better mood than earlier. He grabbed something from the fridge and turned to face me.

"How are you?"

"Fine." I answered.

He smiled awkwardly and pulled me closer to him. His hand rested on my waist and he suddenly kissed me on the forehead. I pushed away from him and he reacted to my puzzled look by laughing.

"Are you drunk?"

"No." He pushed his back against the fridge still smiling at me.

"Yeah you are. Weirdo." I huffed at his stupidity, he rarely acts like this when sober. I should of known. My bag was leaning against the chair so I picked it up and left. 

The chilled air stiffened my stance. It caressed my face, whipping my hair gently to the side. A familiar presence appeared beside me. My body turned to see James with his jacket on.

"You're gonna get sick." His voice began to scold me but lowered to a whisper. 

"Well, I'm heading home anyways." I waved back to James as I reached my front yard. 

"Bye!" I heard James call from the porch. He mustn't have seen Aleks kiss me in the kitchen which was probably a good thing.