(BasicallyIDoMoo) - I Work Alone

Heya! Quick note before you read this, this is probably going to be my longest work yet being at 8,159 words excluding emojis, words inside parenthesis, and this authors note. That's it. Thanks and bye and I hope you like this! Also space and future (I guess) AU. Have a nice day/night!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Faster.

Faster.

Faster.

Escape.

Make sure they don’t catch up.

“I need to make sure they don’t catch me. And out of all times, why have they found me now.” the pilot of the small spaceship mutters.

Currently, he’s being chased down by the police.

No. Not the regular police. But the damn intergalactic police. Somehow, they’ve always managed to find him no matter how much he’s altered information in their system.

The only way they’d know is if they have a man on the inside.

And that’s the issue.

He works alone. He always has. Always will.

“A.I, what’s the nearest planet? Also, I want us to be cloaked the moment we warp there.” he orders the computer while entering information and codes into his laptop. Hoping to alter the other ship’s courses to warp to a different dimension.

“Captain. The nearest planet is Planet Dennett. Cloaking systems preparing. Warp time is estimated to be 2 minutes.” the A.I speaks.

“Prepare the weapons systems. Make sure all homing weapons are active right before we warp.” the pilot orders. “I want to throw them off. And hopefully. They won’t figure out where I am. Maybe I have to move again in a week or so.”

“Captain, hostiles detected. Warp ready. Weapon systems active.” the A.I speaks.

The pilot sighs, and stares at the panel. He’s finished entering the codes. A hand on a lever that will warp them. The other to release the weapons.

“Time to blow them up. Or at least throw them off. Their coordinates should be messing up by now.” the pilot says to himself.

The target systems have locked on.

The screen on the panel showing the ships and that the weapons systems have locked on.

The pilot quickly pulls the lever for the weapons and watches as one of the ships gets hit and goes off course.

And that’s all he needed to see. He pulls the lever and warps to Planet Dennett.

Planet Dennett. A planet that is a relatively close copy of the pilot’s hometown, Earth. Rather… former hometown.

The pilot lands in an open area in the middle of a field. He enters a few digits into the main computer and waits.

For what you wonder? For the ship to turn into a vehicle that would look like a vehicle from this planet. It takes like 5 minutes. Which the pilot is used to since he does this a lot.

Once everything is set, and cloaking systems are down. He turns on the engine. And starts driving into town.

He rolls down the windows, taking in the fresh Dennett air.

“Captain. Arrival to nearest town takes 5 minutes.” the A.I says.

“Gotcha A.I.” the pilot replies.