(BryToonz) - Do you have a lighter?

"A pretty average weather today." the blond mutters to himself looking at the slightly cloudy sky.

"Bryce! Hurry up." A man yells.

Bryce turns his head to the direction of the voice.

"Yeah! Coming!" Bryce yells back.

Bryce catches up to his brother.

"Do we really have to go out today?" The blond groans to his elder sibling.

"Yes we do. You know damn well how excited I was for the next book. And the fact that the author is here. Oh my god it's been a dream to meet this author. The intricate details he puts into each chapter. Just great! Amazing!" the elder yells.

"Fine. Can I wait by the park while you go stand in line?" The blond asks.

"Of course Brycey." The elder says.

"Thanks Ryan!" Bryce says, "At least I don't have to wait in line that way." muttering that part.

"What was that?" asks Ryan, giving Bryce a confused look.

"Nothing! Nothing!" Bryce quickly yells playfully.

Bryce and Ryan rounded a few corners. Crossed a few roads. But it was worth it. Because of the exercise they got out of it.

"Ah finally! We're here! I can't be- oh my Lord look at that line." Ryan exclaims.

Bryce glances away from his phone to see what Ryan was screaming about. And judging by the length of the line. Probably around 60 people is there waiting in line as well.

"Well? Go ahead! I'll be walking around at the park." Bryce ushers his brother.

"Are you sure you'll be fine, Bryce?" Ryan worriedly asks.

"Psh. I'll be fine. You taught me self-defense for a reason!" Bryce snickers, putting on an innocent smile afterwards.

"Oh fine. I'll see you soon Bryce!" Ryan yells. Then running towards the line of people to get in line himself.

Bryce walks to the entrance of the park.

Immediately welcomed by a fresher smell. Fresher than the pollution coming from the cars driving by.

Bryce sits down on the grassy ground. Under a tree. Far from where the bookstore was.

The weather was great. But the shade of a tree is yet the best thing to be under in a park.

Bryce takes out his phone and goes back to conversing online with his few friends.

~~~

"Excuse me, sir." Bryce hears someone say.

Bryce looks at the man that stood over him. He has a pair of shades on. A beard that looks like it hasn't been shaved in a long while. He's wearing a long-sleeved top and black jeans.

"Yes?" Bryce asks, now squinting at the male that towers over him.

"Do you have a lighter?" he asks.

"You seem familiar." Bryce suddenly says. "And I think I do. I carry around one all the time. Don't ask why."

"Alright then? The names Luke Patterson."

'Don't talk to strangers.' 'But that's how friends are made.' 'That's how strangers take advantage of you.'

Bryce shoves away the thoughts and looks through his bag. Then, shortly after, pulls out a white lighter.

"Here." Bryce says, handing out the lighter to the taller male.

'Luke. Luke. Luke. The name is so familair. It's on the tip of my tongue.'