Epilogue

One way or another ...

I knocked on the same door for years.I never knew this might be the last time I ever knock,or see my family again. I looked at my phone to 5:36pm,my train leaves at 6:45pm.
"Hey Catt come on in-"Ms.Theresa smiled before I cut her off. I could hear Princes family laughing and watching something on tv in the background.

"No I can't I have a train to catch.I'm going to intern in Chicago for the summer....I came to say goodbye to you and Princeton.Where is he actually?"

"Oh."she looked pretty sad shaking her head."He's out somewhere I haven't seen him all day,but you always have a home here remember that."she hugged me tightly. "I love you so much Catt."
"I love you too."I teared. "And I love him."
She pulled away wiping my cheek.
"He never leaves my mind, he's always there; mentally if not physically. It's just incomprehensible. He's my one stable force, my one stability in a world filled with chaos and I so desperately need that in my life. I love him so much for that. I'm in love with him and I can't believe I've only just realised it."

Prince Pov.

I was at the bar where I first looked at my best friend differently. I should have said something then or sooner I don't know I just.....Its kinda late,well 6 its really not late but......Why am I just sitting here? I tipped the bartender heading out the door.I gotta get to my house to tell my mom I'm finally gonna tell her I want to be with her whether she likes it or not. I ran passed their house seeing no one was home so I kept going towards mines.

"Mom have you seen Catt!"

"Baby she literally just left for the train station,she's going to Chicago."

"Chicago?On that senior trip??"I asked.

"Just GO!"she handed me a duffel bag before pushing me out the door.I patted my pockets for the keys to my truck quickly flinging them out of my hand into the street drain.

"FUUUCK!"

"Just take your bike!"

"Mom I can't-"

"This bike,it's your graduation present."

She ran to the side of our house revealing a green motorcycle tossing me the keys.

"God I love you!"I kissed her tossing the bag on my back jetting off to the train station.

....

There were plasma screens of arrival and departure times on the wall of the train station,there weren't many times but this was the last one until 5am. I never knew how much it hurt to say goodbye to everyone I loved. I mean even Prodigy came to wish me luck and apologize for everything. I forgave him but there was just one person I wanted to see.
The raucous, metallic shriek heralds the arrival of the decrepit carriage, standing in defiance of its condition - all corroded iron and tacky upholstery. Some students were still lined up at the check in desk with suitcases and baggage. There were only 30 seniors and all were honor students so I wasn't the only one going to network and visit colleges. In the arrivals lounge I waited to board the train eating a sandwich I bought at the food area.The weather was nice and sun was setting so it was a perfect last day here.There was a sculpture of a whale with water cascading from it's mouth and flowing down it's tail flukes. In the background soft classical music played. The train station was actually nice but no one rides the train anymore so it's practically free.I am endowed with the generous elbow room and a guaranteed window seat all to myself. I unravel a 470 calorie cream cheese and ham bagel, humble in its crumpled paper bag. Crumbs rain into the ground as I attempted to swallow the taste of regret. Should definitely have ordered that smoothie instead but that wasn't what I regretted the most. I regret leaving my best friend for good,never officially sayin' goodbye or even saying I love....
"Come on its time to go!"Ms.Jackson yelled at the door.I tucked the bagel back into its bag,grabbing my carryon and blanket on the way to my seat. I could feel my stomach pulsating as I held back the tears.The attendants faces were brimmed with happiness, grins like a Cheshire cat. I wanted to smack them and tell them it wasn't fair....