Confusion

We reached the fifth island. Hiccup jumped off Toothless and helped .
Merida down. He then came over to me as I landed and helped me down.
"Hiccup, thank you, but I can get down by myself now." I said.

He smirked.
"Oh really?"
"Yes."
"What about last night when you tried to jump off of Stormfly but your skirt got caught?"

I blushed.
"Ok fine." I sighed.

Everyone laughed. Snoutlout jumped off Hookfang and laied face down on the grass.
"Oh yes! Grass. Oh, nice soft grass." He mumbled

We all giggled. Tuffnut came up to us with a snake. He slowly made his way to Snoutlout. The snake squirmed and hissed softly​, but he didnt make it to freedom.

I realized what Tuff was about to do. I put both hands over my mouth and tried not to laugh.
"Nice soft grass." Snoutlout mumbled.

Tuffnut laughed evilly. He let go of the snake, and it bit Snoutlout on the... on the butt.

He screamed, jumped up and ran around.
"AH! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!" He screamed.

Hookfang rolled his eyes and shot the snake. It caught fire and fell to the ground, and dissolved, leaving not trace. No fire.
"Ah. Huh? AH! HOOKFANG​!" Snoutlout yelled jumping off the island.

Steam Rose from where he jumped. We laughed as he climbed back up. He spit out water.
"Oh yeah, haha very funny. He Astrid, Babe, you want to help me up?" He asked

I rolled my eyes. As I made my way over to him, I glanced at Hiccup and Merida out of the corner of my eye. Merida was looking​ down, so was Hiccup​, fist clenthed.

I took Snoutlout's hand and helped him up. He but both of his hands over mine. I caressed his cheek with my other hand. He leaned in. So did I.

I brought my leg around behind his knee, and swept him off his feet. He fell and grunted. Everyone laughed.
I smiled.

"Don't ever do that agian." I said helping him up.

He laughed.
"Ok, ok, you win." He said as I helped him up.

(Time skip.)
It was now night. Hiccup and I were standing at a cliff,alone. Staring at the moon.
"Astrid...about last night..." He said.
"What? Oh. Oh! Um...w-what about it?" I asked.

He's on to me... I thought.
"Um...w-when we were about to...um..."
"Yeah?"
"Yeah...um...w-why did you... Why did you p-pull away?"
"Oh...um...it...it wouldn't​ be fair."
"What?"
"It wasn't fair! It wasn't right! Why? Why did we almost kiss? Why? Then we would start dating. But then you would have to turn around and break my heart, why? Because you are engaged to Merida! To a princess! Why would you want me? When you have her?" I asked, tears running down my cheeks.

I turned away from him. He reached out and held my hand. 
"Astrid... you and I have been through everything together. And you probably don't remember... but you don't think we can handle this? Astrid, you have me, no matter what. Okay, whatever that means, whatever you want it to mean. I am with you. There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid. Always..." He siad turning me, holding both of my hands.

We both leaned in.
"Hiccup..."
"Astrid...don't fight it..." He whispered.

I could feel his hot breath. I didn't fight it. Our lips met and we kissed. I felt like I was I Vallhalla.
"Hiccup." We heard a voice call.

We pulled away. Reconizing the voice, we let each other go and backed up.

Queen Eleolnore burst through the bushes, dragging Merida with her.
"Queen Eleolnore? What-" Hiccup started.
"Astrid. Snoutlout wishes to have a word with you." Elenore said