Chapter 15

"Mommy! Mommy! I wanna go play on the swings!"

Young Karen told her mom as soon as they entered the park. It was a Sunday, and she and her family had come for a Sunday brunch to the Park.

"Sweetie go with your elder brother, okay? I'll just get the snacks out of the basket."

"Okay mommy! Let's go big brother!!"

"Karen I'll come in a minute can you go on your own, I need to help mom"

"Okay. I'll see you at the swing!"

saying that, young Karen ran off towards the swings in the local park.

When she reached the swing set, she saw a boy, sitting near the sand pit and looking at his bleeding elbow. Karen went up to him and said

"Hey! My name is Karen!" and she took off her jacket and wrapped it around his elbow.

"Now stop crying, and go to your mom and tell her to take you home and clean that" she ordered him.

Young Karen was smart, she was smarter than most of the children of her age.

" I have never seen my mother..." the boy cried even harder.

" I am so sorry... I didn't know." and she hugged him.

"Of course you didn't know, we just met!" the boy giggled.

"Jonathan let's go!" a woman called the boy.

"Oh, I have to go. So...will I see you soon?" Jonathan asked Karen.

"Of course you will, I come to this park every weekend"

"Jonathan I will not repeat myself! Let's go!"

"Coming!" Jonathan called out.

"Okay bye, see you next weekend." the boy hugged Karen and left."

Karen came every weekend to meet her new friend, but he was never there. She never saw him after that day in the park. 

Karen lost her very first friend, but she never knew what had actually happened to Jonathan in reality.

 He was adopted, and his adopted family left the States and went to Canada. 

Even though Jonathan made a fuss and tried to tell his adoptive parents that he didn't want to go he was yelled at, and soon his family took him to Canada.