Chapter 17

Karen's POV

Jonathon.

Jonathon...

Jonathon, a name that is so familiar, yet so foreign to my tongue.

From that file Mr.Parks got me. It had a name that was stuck in my head.

Jonathon.

I don't know why, but the name seemed familiar.

In the file, there were many secrets about Chase's family, that I clearly didn't know.

 First, Chase was adopted by his parents and so was Bethany. His parents had their own son, but he got kidnapped at a young age, after which his family was told by the police that their only child was dead. 

Mrs.Andrews started consuming alcohol at a very high level, stopped eating which got her an eating disorder and she was depressed. Mr.Andrews took her to a family counselor and the counselor advised that they should consider the idea of adoption or to try for another child.

 The news broke out that Mrs.Andrews couldn't bare any more children because of her eating disorder. That is when Bethany was adopted, she was only 2 weeks old when she was adopted. 

Mrs.Andrews got out of depression, but some part of her heart was still empty. When Beth was 2 years old Chase was adopted. Chase was a newborn when he was adopted.

 Mrs.Andrews was all happy again. Their family was full and content, but that was short lived. When Mr. and Mrs. Andrews got the call from the hospital about Beth and my brother's death, they both were broken. 

They were coming to the hospital to see their daughter for the last time, but they met with an accident which made their car to burn into flames and killed them.

I never knew this, I never knew any of this. While I was mourning the death of my brother, Chase was recovering from the death of his parents and sister.

The 2nd thing that I came to know was that there was a will written by Mr.Andrews. It said that 25% of his property would go to Beth, the other 25% would go to Chase and the rest of the property would be given to 'CHILD'S HOME ADOPTION CENTER'.

 First I thought that this was the adoption center where Chase and Beth were adopted from but their adoption papers said that they were adopted from teenage moms who couldn't afford a child or their partner left them. 

The moms weren't mentally ready to have a child so the Government took charge of such a case. So I did some digging about the adoption center, and what I found out was incredible.

There was a child who was entered at the age of 7, he was found in a dark alley. That was all that was mentioned about him. 

Now you may ask what was so great about him? 

Well let me tell you, he was told to take care of with all the luxury he wanted, he was given a room for himself and he stayed in the adoption center until the age of 18. 

The most surprising thing about him was he looked a lot like Mr.Andrews and his name was ... Jonathon.