Chapter 18

Karen's outfit.

Karen's apartment in Chicago

Karen's bedroom.

----------------------------------

It has been 6 months since I started working for Jonathon. He is a nice person. I finished my college and got a degree in Business Management. 

Jonathon was actually considerate about my working pattern. Because of my finals and graduation. It's  been 2 months since I graduated. And I have been traveling frequently because of Jonathon's meetings.

 Chase never came to my house. But the letters never stopped. Presents never stopped. I am just sick and tired of those letters. I

 mean can't Chase just come over to my house and explain, not that I will forgive him. But like instead of this stupid stuff.

Sometimes I wonder if it is actually Chase who is sending these stuff for me because the letters never show a sign of apology. Right now I was packing my suitcase for a trip to Dubai. I am going there with Jonathon for his meeting. 

I don't see the reason for me to be there but he is just impossible to convince. All I know is that we are going to be leaving in another hour in his personal jet. 

As his personal assistant, I am his advisor too. I help him advice which contracts he should take up or not. 

My job is pretty simple. I have to get coffee for him every morning, make is appointments, take his calls, arrange his files and all.

Jonathon seems nice but he is a player.

---

"Okay...and last but not the least here is the powerpoint, just email it to Mr.John and then just have a look at these files," Jonathon ordered.

"Okay Jonathon will be done," I said.

"And also one more thing Karen, I am not your friend I am your boss so start calling me Mr.Daniel," Jonathon said with a bored expression.

"Umm...okay Jo- Mr.Daniel," I said.

Right now we are in Mr.Daniel's private jet, we are going to Dubai, and it will take us like 14 hours, so he has given me lots of work. 

These past months, I have shifted to Chicago since the headquarters of this company is in Chicago, and Mr.Daniel lives in Chicago.

I still don't talk to my parents that much, but there are regular greetings between us, note the sarcasm because the last time I got a message from them was when I graduated. 

They weren't there for my graduation either, but as soon as I graduated I made arrangements for living in Chicago and now from the past 4 months I have been living in my very own apartment, it's not much but its enough for 1 person. I am quite ha-

"Ms.Smith if you are done day dreaming, I would like you to start with your work." the Satan says from across the plane.

"I am sorry sir, I'll start straight away," I assure him.

I take back everything I said about him being nice. He is a cocky, arrogant, self-obsessed jerk, he is the satan!

And with that thought, I drown myself with work.

Jonathon's POV

I am Jonathon. I am the first and only biological son of the Andrew family and I am the only son of Maurice, my mother. 

I don't consider David as my father.

Becasue of David, I was kidnapped when I was very small. Later I found out that my own father sold me so that he could get cash for his dying company.

I hate him a lot, but that can't go away because I basically look like him. But one of the kidnappers was actually pretty nice and he helped me escape when I turned 10. He took me to an orphanage and put my name in as Jonathon Daniel. 

My life has been full of weird things, and when I turned 18 I met a lawyer, who told me that I had inherited a company along with properties, I was ecstatic with that news.

 At the age of 18 I was kidnapped again, but this time I was kidnapped by my adopted brother of whom I didn't know about. 

I somehow escaped, and joined the company and started with the business. I was the one who used to w-

I was cut off by my thoughts of someone snoring lightly. 

I got up and saw Karen, sleeping on her seat and her arms acting like a cushion for her to rest her head on. 

Karen didn't have many qualifications to be a P.A, but I hired her the second I saw her name. She was 

Chase's girlfriend and she were my first crush. The first girl who showed some sympathy towards me.

I knew everything that happened in her life, from Zach to her parents to Chase. I knew everything, and I just wanted to beat the shit out of him for doing that.

I got up from my seat and went towards her seat, kneeled down and placed my warm lips on her cheeks, but only at that moment she turned her head and my lips planted on her lips and her eyes shot open.