Chapter Fourteen

"What do you mean, 'Chiron isn't here'?"

"Exactly what I just said, dumbass."

Percy thumped the wooden fence around the farmhouse in frustration. The Ares camper - he could have been there last night, considered Artemis - only sneered and sauntered off, pausing only to glare at Artemis. His brown hair flooped into his eyes and he blew at it before moving on, flexing his arms as he did so; Artemis noticed this only through vacant eyes. This can't be happening, she thought, there was a figure lurking in the shadows of her peripheral vision. She froze, too scared to look at it head on.

"There's nothing for it," Percy said expressionlessly, Artemis blinked.

"What?"

"I'm taking you to see Rachel."

"Rachel... what?!" Artemis backed away," no."

"But, Arty..." Percy pleaded, "you can't have a dream like that and not do something about it."

"Oh yeah," Artemis narrowed her eyes," make me." She challenged. A blade apeared before her eyes.

"Arty," he reasoned,"first this prophecy is made, then you trash Zeus' cabin, and now this dream? Arty, we're not dumb."

"I never said you were."

"So can we get this sorted out?"

"There's nothing to sort out! All that salt water's gone to your head!" She was angry, why couldn't he trust her?! The feeling wasn't mutual if the ever edging closer blade meant anything.

"Artemis." It was almost touching her nose.

"You won't use it." The blade quivered and drew back slightly. Artemis was right, Percy was very loyal and hated to hurt his friends, and she was going to exploit this weakness. She pushed the tip of it away with one finger confidently. She felt powerful, in control, energised. The pressure began to build up, symbols blinked in the corner of her eye, and, somewhere, a pipe burst. Percy stemmed the flow without even a glance in its direction. Artemis suddenly felt cheated and betrayed. She turned her back on him and strode past the early-bird campers. She didn't have any friends, anyone she could trust - not here, not anymore.

~~~

Hey guys! Do you like it? Please comment, share, vote etc. It would really help me out. Oh, and the link of the side - well, hopefully it's there - leads to a song I can't help listening to. It's about.greeks so it kinda works for the story... :-P x