Chapter Ten

She rummaged through her rucksack until she found it. A compass. Her mother had bought it at an auction many years ago and had presented it to Artemis as a keepsake. This was before her step-father had been added into the equation. Artemis sat on her bed with an oomph and examined it. It's tarnished back gleamed dully, patterns that surrounded the face were ones of waves, tridents, and horses. Not for the first time, Artemis wondered how her mother knew. It hadn't got broken during the journey to Camp Halfblood, thank the gods, and looked as it always had. According to the compass she was facing south. She swivelled round until she was looking north. Now she was vaguely looking in the direction of home. She looked up from the compass and at the headboard of her bed. It was wooden and adorned with dolphins, tridents, waves, and a figure. She turned her head away. Great, he's watching me as I sleep, she thought bitterly. Unlike many other demi-gods she'd had the pleasure of meeting her real father; he wasn't all he was cracked up to be. Another large wave hit the shore.

"Oh, get over it," she mumbled.

"Pardon."

"Oh, Percy. Hi, didn't hear you come in." Artemis got to her feet, putting the compass in her pocket as she did so.

"Didn't scare you, did I?"

"No. Me? Scared? I laugh in the face of danger."

Percy shook his head, "Chiron's back. He wants to talk to you."

"Oh."

~~~

So guys, first upload of three today. What do you think? Comments below :) and please vote, pwetty pleeeasee.....

Have a nice day! :) x