Chapter Twenty Two

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

"Hey Joan I have to leave. Dad wants me take care of an emergency in Brazil but I told him the good news. They are on their way right now and they can't wait to meet their grandson. But before I go do you have some helping you at home?
"Yes, I hired a maid and nurse Titi is coming with me for a few days".
"Okay see you soon. Take care of yourself and the baby okay? He said laying a kiss on her tempo before leaving the new mother.
The very next day she was discharged and told to take rest. She was breastfeeding her son up stairs when the maid knocked on her door. "Yes come in".
"Ma'am there are some people here to see you".
Okay I will be down in a second Joanne answered looking at her little one who was dozing off while feeding. Gently laying in his crib, she cleaned up quick before dawning a kitengi free dress and walking down stairs, only to stop in her tracks where saw the people sitting in her living room.
"Joanne", her sister spoke standing up as Jessica ran to her hugging her tight as her mother also approached them joining in on the hug.
"Mother, Mrs Hunter", Joanne said in greeting.
"My child, please forgive me. How are you, were the first words that left her mother's lips?
Everyone pleas sit Joanne gestured for everyone take their seat. Overwhelmed she flopped down in the single sitter, wandering how they found. Her eyes roamed around the room taking in and greeting everyone. Ignoring the one person her heart was dying to see. He looked lost, depressed and haggard.
Honey how are you where have you been all this time we have been worried sick about you. Joanne the...... Jessica trailed afraid to ask the one question that everyone eagerly wanted to know. Looking around the room everyone was tense at the moment, she spared Kenneth a glance and his hands were holding on to the arm chair hard.
Just as she was about to answer, cars drove in to the compound drawing everyone's attention. The maid walked to the front door welcoming in the Luxemburgs. Immediately Samantha James's wife ran to her taking her in for a bear hug while congratulating her and asking if she was okay.
"Am alright Sam, please have a sit she said hugging and greeting the remaining Luxemburgs. Please have a seat", Joanne offered James the remaining single sitter while Sam joined her mother and sister leaving her to share the two sitter with Robert.

"Okay sweetie I can't wait to meet my grandson pleases please take me to him". Sam said excitedly
"Come down mom and sure the little guy is napping", Robert said with a smile.
"Malaika! Her mother stood up angry at whatever assumption she made in her mind. She looked the rest and saw sadness and hurt in their faces.
"Ma'am it's the baby he's awake and won't stop crying", the maid interrupted.
"Am sorry, please excuse me. Oh and before I leave Luxemburgs meet the Hunters, Hunters the Luxemburgs. My mother and sister", Joanne pointed out before leaving the room.
Feeding her son quickly, he still refused to go back to sleep it was as if he knew his father was there and he wanted to meet. He fussed until she decided to introduce him early to his family. Reaching the bottom stairs the tension in the room was palpable.
"I know some of you confused, she said looking at the Hunters. Mother meet your grandson Mathew James Hunter, she said his last name looking at Ken, whose anguish and guilt was washed over by happiness, joy Relief. The Luxemburgs took care of me in my most vulnerable time and they are also like family to me".
"Thank the Lord Jessica said rushing to her. I can hold him?
Yes. Sam joined her on the couch as they got hooked to her little charmer. He took the attention of everyone in the room all his grandparents taken up by him. She helped the maid prepare dinner for everyone and soon everyone chatted as they ate. Joanne was thankful that her son took all the ground attention and no questions were directed to her.
"Dear we best be going, Sam said later on. It was pleasure meeting all of you at least know we who raised such a wonderful girl". The men shook hands and Joanne walked them out.
"What's the matter? We found her and yet you haven't spoken a word".
"Don't get me wrong dad am happy to have found them both well and health", Kenneth said turning away from the window, Joanne on the other side of it hugging the Luxemburgs. He looked at his father, sorrow and uncertainty evident in them.
"What's stopping you from claim what is rightfully your Kenneth?
"Am afraid I just found them only to lose them again. And this time..., he said looking at Robert and Joanne hug a dark expression crossed his face before he turned to his father. Am afraid it may be for good". He finished at the verge of tears.
"Son it gives me joy to see that you are jealous. Now I need you to use that energy to win back your wife and baby cause they no way am returning home without my daughter and grandson. I want to spend my remaining time with my whole family. So stop sitting around and get to work".

Joanne set everyone up in the respective bedrooms before returning to hers where she struggled to put her baby to sleep and when he was finally out she went down for a glass of water and there on the living room sat Kenneth with head in his hands. He sensed her presence and looked in her direction. She proceeded to the kitchen not bothering to say a word just walked to the kitchen.
It was killing him not to rush to her kiss and hold in his arms. He's son, he was so small so fragile, he just wanted to shield them both from any harm or danger. Making up his mind he walked in to the kitchen,
"Can't sleep?
"Am afraid so".
"Must be the time zones and jet lag", Joanne said taking sips of her water.
"I haven't had proper sleep ever since the day you left". Ken uttered with so much emotion Joanne placed her glass taken back by his statement.
"Let's not go their Kenneth, remember you made your choice and am afraid it was not me. Yes Matt is your son and you have all the rights as his father. I would never take that away from you. But don't thing am going to allow you to play with me...... with my heart"
"Precious am sorry, I messed up and I want you back. The guilt of what I did you can't allow to hold my son and am dying to hold that precious gift you gave. Please darling give chance to love and take care of the both you".
Ken stop don't even go there. I know you were seeing Olive even when we were engaged and when you chose her over me that day, you made your choice. I have lived my whole life pleasing others and that night you broke me. I gave you my love, body and support and in return you cheated and lied to me", Joanne yelled unable to control her pent up anger and sorrow. Tears falling freely from her eyes were breaking Ken's heart.
"I loved you and stupidly still do Ken, but you have hurt me every single time I have tried to reach out to you, to know you. I am hurt and broken all thanks to you". Joanne said whipping her face of the damn tears that wouldn't stop.
"Joanne I can explain please", he said stopping her from walking out of the kitchen, finally holding her in his arms through his head in the crook of her neck. While upstairs Mathew restrained his wife from going down stairs,
"You have to let go Mathew, we have to stop them from fighting, its driving part and we're finally a family again".
"Jessica this needs to happen if they even stand chance at getting back together. Let them talk it out. He hurt her and there is some explaining that needs to be done". Just then little Matt started crying promting Jessica to rushed to him. Back in the kitchen Kenneth tried his best

"Precious I never cheated on you. I accept all the others short comings but I never ever cheated on you".
"Stop it Ken, stop lying to me, I came to your office only to find you drive away to dinner with Olive and then you went to her apartment afterwards. Please don't insult my intelligence Ken".
"Precious I need you to believe me, I never cheated on you, Micheal is my witness. The nights I wasn't at home with you, I was trying to set in motion the plan you made. About Olive, yes she was my girlfriend before you but we broke up before you came in to my life the media can attest to that. And the moment I proposed to you I committed myself to you and only you. Despite what you think I was raised with morals and would never that. When we were on our vacation, Olive's manager called me, he told she tried to committed suicide and was admitted. He told me that she was asking me and only me. I told him that couldn't help and that I and she were over but that very same day they called me about the Busan issue so we left our paradise. We left because of work Joanne not Olive", ken emphasized
As I explained before, those nights I wasn't back home on time I was busy with work and the only reason I opted to stay at the office was because I was afraid I would only be distracted by you. Joanne I worked very hard to build my company. My father wanted me to step in his shoes but I wanted to build my dream. Sometimes I thought he couldn't wait for my business to fail so I could take over the family business like he wanted but I was wrong all the two of them want for is the very best and that includes you, my business may be important but you come first".
"When we got back from our trip Olive attempted suicide again and time in my own office. The woman slit her wrists front of me. After that attempt I decided to get her help, but she refused and her manager suggested that I stay with by her side as she got therapy so I did. That day that I walked out on you, I was taking her to therapy and that was the last day I saw Olive. I couldn't stand hurting you so a pulled out of the play Olive and her manager were playing with me and ever since that day I have been looking for you for the past nine months. Every day without you was a struggle, my heart crumbed little by little, I love you Joanne. Please come back to me", he finished his tears socking her shoulder.
"I love you, but... Joanne trailed off eyes closed trying to absorb everything he just said. The words echoed in her head but her broken hurt was still hesitant. What if you're lying to me again?
"Precious, I can never lie to you. Ken uttered turning her to face. I love you precious. Please forgive me. I need you in my life, I can't live without you".