Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

"Your best bottle of white wine please."

"Joan when are the guests you invited arriving?"

"At exactly at eight, hmm ten minutes from now ", she said looking at her golden wrist watch. The waiter arrived with their wine, pouring all of them a glass and the very exact moment the Hunters walked into the restaurant. Joanne spotted them and at once excused herself before walking to the door to get them.

"Hey good evening Mr and Mrs Hunter", Joanne greeted and Jessica caught her in a bear hug.

"Sweetie you look stunting in that dress".

"Thank you Jessica".

"Good evening dear ", Mathew greeted her with a peck on the cheek. How have you been?

"I have been surviving, too much work but am okay, thanks for asking. But how has your vacation been so far.

"Okay dear, he answered as his possible soon to be daughter in law according to his wife led them to their table.

They got to the table and Joanne introduced the Hunters formally and they all sat down and enjoyed the night, their starters arrived and everyone dug in. Jessica and Dorothy seemed to be in their own world chatting and laughing as for Mr Hunter he chatted with both sisters asking about Cindy's medical studies.  But Joanne couldn't help hearing what her mother and Jessica were talking about. Her mother was telling Jessica about everything she and Cindy liked, their dislikes since childhood, their personalities and characters, although their mom concentrated more on her than Cindy, it was as if her mother was showing them off and apparently Jessica was also doing the same. Joan didn't known that the Hunters had children until Jessica started speaking of her one and only CEO son who was making planes, jets and ships, compared to her the civil servant.

When they were having desert everyone presented a gift to their mom. And to their surprise Jessica and Mathew got gifts for her and Cindy too never the less the sisters were thankful.

"I also have a gift for everyone; I got us a safari package for five at the queen Elizabeth national game park for a week. I was hoping Mr and Mrs Hunter would join us?"

"Oh that's so thoughtful of you sweetie but is it okay with you Dorothy if we tagged along?" Jessica inquired.

"Yes". It will be a fun change, finally having someone of my own age to hang out with, Dorothy said holding hands with Jessica. They seemed to have become friends instantly.

"Then it's settled you guys will be joining us for the trip," Joanne said all smiles. After the celebrations Joanne's Mom invited Jessica and Mathew over for tea on the weekend.

"Am just too much for Working this much even on a sunny Saturday", Joanne exclaimed looking through some paper work she had to submit to the Minster early Tuesday. She had left home this morning in hopes of reducing her workload of next week so that she could take three days off to join her family and the Hunters on the family safari. After working for eight hours straight, she was finally done with a three day's workload. She drove to Nakasero market and bought some vegetables and fruits for home.

She arrived just as the sun was disappearing. Cindy was on the porch reading as she parked her jeep calling out to her sister for help.

"Cindy a little help", she struggled juggling her hand bag and a full bag of vegetables. Cindy brought in the remaining two bags of fruits and vegetables too. Joanne settled on a kitchen stool as Cindy cut them some apples.

"Where is mummy? Joanne asked chewing on a piece of Apple.

"She's in the study room with the Hunters".