Chapter Three

CHAPTER THREE

Five minutes later  Joanne was done dressing up and applying lotion on her mocha skin when Cindy bust through the bathroom door, “are you not done yet”.

“You know what Cindy just go ahead.  Beside I know the way. I will be there before you know it”.

“Okay but hurry up”, Cindy called out to as she walked out of the cottage shutting door behind her.

Taking one more look in the mirror everything looked perfect from the white shorts, to the pink long sleeved shirt folded to her elbows. Slipping on her gold gladiator flats, she grabbed her phone and sunglasses, off to meet her family for breakfast. She arrived at the beautiful dining area immediately noticing her family situated in the far corner, a beautiful view and a full breakfast laid out before them juice, coffee, eggs, bread and katogo. Surprisingly their table had two staff waiting on them. Reaching the table, she greeted the old guys with hugs. Jessica patted the chair next to her, taking the seat the lady staff rushed to her side and poured her a cup of hot chocolate milk tea. She held the cup appreciating the aroma with closed eyes.

"Smells delicious", Joanne whispered enjoying the sweet liquid.

"Your mother told me it’s your favourite," Jessica said preparing a plate of food which she placed in front of her. "Eat before it gets cold. She ate fork full of the katogo looking at the head of the table where Mathew Hunter was sipping on his coffee while looking at something on his iPad. He looked up to find her chewing on her food, he smiled at her and asked if they had a comfortably journey. They ate their breakfast talking about Cindy's studies then her job then the game pack. The waiters were always refilling their juice glasses or cups whenever they were halfway.

They were enjoying the ride through the pack when they stopped to gauze upon the elephants drinking by the banks of the kazinga channel, they were so peaceful. Afterwards they continued to the grazing grounds where they saw impalas grazing, giraffes, a lion, and herd of buffalos. The whole trip was eventful, they went on a boat ride are long the kazinga channel and the mweya peninsula joining lake George and Edward.  Under the peaceful sun their boat slowly meandered along the kazinga channel towards lake Edward their excellent Uganda wildlife authority guide listed the different bird species they passed and some of the  highlights included the common squacco heron, greenshank, wood sandpiper, common godwit, and a water thick-knee, a wader with big eyes feeding on the shore; and alone African spoonbill its bill shaped like a spoon.

It was beautiful Sunday evening, their last day at the pack and they were having dinner when Jessica asked Joanne and Cindy to call her mum too. They were both surprised and looked at their real mother who just smiled and nodded her head. Together they granted Jessica’s wish,
"Yes mum". Mathew smiled happily looking at his wife who was holding Cindy in a tight hug.

They arrived back in Kampala at five in the evening; the driver drove the family back home where Dorothy asked the hunter to stay for dinner. Joanne was in her bedroom washing her hair when Jessica knocked on her door.

"Yes come in" Joanne called her head over the sink.

"Sweetie it’s me where are you,” Jessica asking walking towards the bathroom.

"In here washing my hair", Joanne answered adding shampoo to her hair.

"Oh there you are I wanted to check on you. Let me help you with that, Jessica offered.  Have I ever told you about my story with Mathew”.

“No. I believe you haven’t”, Joanne said drying her hair with a towel.

“It all begun years back years when I was in college” Jessica narrated her mind drifting off.