Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

They had been moving from one designer store to another all morning, from Gucci to Prada to Victoria secrets. She couldn't deny it, she was enjoying the whole shopping thing but the prices they way paying for the pieces of clothing were outrageous. She couldn't even afford buying one of these dresses especially with her responsibilities. But it turned out that her in laws were billionaires and these were just crumbs to their bank account.

"Sweetie try on this dress it’s so lovely, I want to get it for your engagement party," Jessica said handing Joanne the dress and nagging her towards the changing room.

"Wow you look so pretty, I wish I was also getting engaged", Cindy uttered mesmerized.

"I knew it. You look so beautiful dear, we are taking this", Jessica told one of the clerks who was responsible for them.

"Does he know, Joanne uttered getting the attention of everyone specially Jessica who instructed the clerks to give them some privacy. Will he accept me? I am African. What if I am not his type, let alone close to the type of woman he would be interested in?

"Too many questions but there is really nothing for you to worry about. My baby will love you his sucker for beautiful things and you are beyond beautiful. You are amazing on the inside and the outside, the perfect match for him. Don’t worry your pretty head. In fact you will be meeting him today, his coming home for dinner. He will meet your mother and together we shall set the date of your engagement party. Come on let’s continue our shopping trip".

"We are still shopping there's a lot already",

"Sweetie that's nothing we still have to buy you girls’ shoes and a lot of other staff. Being a Hunter bride comes with a certain image, so come long we still have a lot do."
Finally done with the shopping spree, they went for a late lunch at a famous French restaurant. They were calmly enjoying their lunch when they heard commotion outside. The restaurant manager came and whispered something in Jessica's ear before walking to the entrance with four security guys.

"Is everything alright", Cindy questioned.

"It’s all good dear eat your food". By the way how is that transfer thing coming along?

"Well am yet to receive the university's report on my performance from home. But everything is looking up".

"What transfer," Joanne asked
"Oh sorry we didn't tell you. We didn't want to worry you dear but since Dorothy is going to stay here longer for her treatment, we decided to enroll Cindy for her classes at NYU to finish her medical degree right here close to her family. And before you start worrying about her tuition fees, we will be taking care of all her study needs. Remember she is also a daughter of mine.  Now eat we have to leave soon. Before the vultures increase”, that last bit Jessica said moving away from girls to make call to her husband.

"Yes sugarplum”, Mathew answered.
"Hey love, well we are at Mateo’s right now but the paparazzi have swamped the place, can you send some people to help us get out of here".

"Okay am sending Tim right now sit tight," he ended the call.

Tim their head of security showed up a few minutes later and asked them if they were ready to leave.

"Okay my dears we are leaving, stick together until we are in the car", Jessica said as they walked to the entrance where blinding flashes of light were coming from. The camera men kept on shouting Jessica’s name, asking where her husband was, what she had to say about the split between her son and Olive Lively. They didn’t stop there. They who the young ladies with her were. The cameras were in their faces people were pushing up on them. It was crazy.