Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

“Hello my dear, that's enough work for the week, today we all relax and enjoy ourselves. I want you to change in a swim suit and come join us by the pool”, Jessica said leaving the room as first as she showed up.
Dawning her two piece swimsuit and coverall, she decided to join the living. Today she would ignore him and try as hard to at least save the remaining part of her heart from completely and utterly surrendering to Kenneth Hunter and that's in case he even decides to join the rest of them.
Music was playing, water splashing and the smoky beef aroma in the air suggested that the grill was working. All activities pointed to the pool area, walking towards the rhythm the bright sun rays were a welcomed luxury.
“Hey there you are Jessica called from the poolside chair besides her mother. Mr. Hunter was manning the grill with Conrad who was fixated on something Mr. Hunter was trying to tell him.
“Morning Mr. Hunter, Conrad”, Joanne called to the men in greeting before moving to her mother.
“Morning dear, how are feeling?
“Am okay”, Joanne finished sitting beside her mother on her pool chair.
“How is Kenneth treating you? Jessica asked. Joanne turned looking at Cindy who was swimming in the deep end without a care in the world. She didn’t know how to answer the question.
“Joanne honey is he not treating you right?  You know you can tell me right?
“Yes dear we both want to see you happy, so if my dumb son is not doing you right, just say the word and I will straighten him up", Jessica pitched in and speaking of the devil.

Ken walked out to the pool with a beautiful lady on his arm his three friends falling suite behind them.  He just had to crush her more.  Angry at him, at herself for believing that someone like him would even consider being with her.
“Joanne Joanne honey are you okay”
Joanne was pulled out of her thoughts by the worry laced voices of both women she called mother, turning she gave them the answer they all hoped to hear.
“Am okay you shouldn't worry and remember you said toady was all about relaxing and that's what I will be doing starting now”, she said just as the gang of friends stopped in front of them. 
Hello Mrs Hunter the young lady  greeted Jessica with a hug then her husband and finally her mother,  the rest of the gang greeted Hunters and her mother and Joanne had literally had enough getting up she before the attention was turned to her she walked to the kitchen, greeting Rosa,
“Am so hungry”
“Is it anger or hunger, your sweet face tells a different story, frowning isn't helping the case"
“A little bit of both but truth is I didn’t have breakfast”.
"Anyways I was already going to bring out some fruits and snacks for everyone, you go on out the food will be there soon."
“Okay but can I just cool down a little from here. Those ladies don't need to see like this", Joan said biting in to a strawberry”.
"Am I the reason you’re angry and frowning", came Ken’s deep voice.
Turning she came face to face with his tall muscular frame,  stepping back she looked up at him and let her feelings show and before he could say anything more she walked passed and came face to face Ethan.
"Hello doc", Joanne said with a half-smile
"Hi, how are you?
"So far so good", Joanne said moving out of the kitchen.
"Joanne…..” Ken called as she walked out to the pool
"Let her cool off", Ethan encouraged him.
"You better make things right with her or you’re gonna lose that precious girl", Rosa said passing them as she and Charlotte left the kitchen with trays of foods
Everyone was enjoying the snacks and fruits, when Hannah Ethan’s sister, Cindy and Brandon decided to show off their diving skills. The old folk cheered them and Brandon won with his belly flap style.  Afterwards they all were soaking up in the pool while the old people played some more board games with Conrad who was losing intentionally to Jessica.
As the fan and relaxation moved on Kenneth noticed that his precious lady was not getting in the water but only her long legs hang intertwined in clear water while read a book.
"Damn we are out of water",
"Brandon it's not end world, here give me the pitcher I will go get the water", Joanne smiled at Ken's over dramatic friend.
As she was coming back with the pitcher of water Ken intercepted her walk back to the pool. He signalled for someone in the kitchen to come the water.
"Would you please step out of my way", Joanne said trying to look anywhere but hypnotizing eyes. He took the water from her and handed the pitcher to Charlotte.
"You’re mad at me for reason and I want to know what it is so that I can find a solution to it before my mum over there blows my top. What did I do wrong precious, tell me? Ken said as his big arms draw her in to his embrace. "Tell me precious” he said laying a kiss on her forehead. Surrendering Joanne rested her head against his chest.

You didn’t stay, she whispered, looking up in his eyes. He didn't say anything but pulled her up as they climbed the stairs to the terrace where a smaller swimming pool and hot tub was situated. They were finally alone as he drew closer to his chest tracing the smooth skin of her cheek.
Touching his lips to her he savoured the sweet pineapple taste of her lips.
“I did come back precious I held you in my arms the all night. I will be dammed if that wasn't the most peaceful night I have ever had.”
“But were not there when I woke up?
“I had something quick to take care of at the office earlier but I was planning on enjoying the day with you my beautiful fiancé”. Ken clarified watching the realization settle in her doe eyes. “So tell me why you have been out in the water while sister is lapping it up like fish," Ken finished with a teasing smile on his lips.
“I can't swim”
“What, how come?
“I was always busy and Cindy learnt how to swim from her physical education classes plus the private lessons I paid for”.
“How about a give you some private lessons myself”, Ken said with a playful glint in his eyes. Walking backwards to wards the pool with her still in his arms, they free fell in the pool.
“Oh my God, I told you can't swim”, Joanne exclaimed panic laced in her when they resurfaced.
"I got you precious just calm down and we will begin the lesson”, he finished with a smirk, his arms holding her against his chest. “We are in the deep end but we are slowly going to move to shallow end. He affirmed. “Relax Joanne”.
"Am trying", she said but her hands tighten around his neck and shoulders. The sweet shocks that ran through her body when Ken's lips touched hers was what the trick. The Pool, drowning, the family all her stress factors completely forgotten. What only mattered was the sweet sensations Ken's lips were bringing to her. Allowing them access his lips trailed kisses down her neck, his hand moving under water to caress her where she was burning for his touch. She couldn't help the little encourage that surged through her when she decided to feel the huge bulge in his swimming shorts; his head fell on her shoulder as her hand press against his member. Completely lost in their passion they didn't hear the ruckus of Kenneth friends approaching the pool until Brandon's loud voice interrupted their hot make out scene

“That explains it mate. Your little bastard, you wanted to get your dirty way with her huh?  Brandon finished standing beside them out of pool.
Totally embarrassed, when Ken got her on solid ground she rushed away as if her panties were on fire and indeed her lady parts were hot and wet for him. He was gorgeous and well-endowed down there, what would it feel like to be his completely in every sense of the word? Joanne wondered as she rushed in to the house.
Walking in the office on Monday was as usually uneventful but the warm welcome from those she worked with made everything better. Today she was meeting up with a client the company had been meaning to sign for a year now.  Hopefully with the meeting they were going to have with the Norman today she would be able to sign them on and prove to Mr Hunter that she could take good care of his company.
But who was she kidding she was still so nervous back home all she had to do was make and sign off report, monitor and evaluate the running projects and manage the ministry together with the minister. But here at Hunter Corps she was the acting CEO to a multinational company, which required her to acquire new big clients.  The Hunters had a vast empire from insurance to real estate and banking but their biggest was the shipping company which was passed down from generation to generation and because of their timeless and excellent work the shipping company had maintained their number one position in the world for decades and for it to be entrusted to her was a big responsibility.
Joanne only hoped she could live up to the expectations Mathew had in her. She wondered why Kenneth refused to take his place but considering that he was running his own multibillion dollar company and the fact that he was getting in to the oil industry thanks to CNN business which announced his partnership with prince Navide of Amirabad.
“Are you ready for your first meeting has CEO”, zander asked as they waited in the conference room for Steven Norman to arrive.
“There is no turning back now”, Joanne finished as her assistant showed the four gentlemen into the conference room. Exuding confidence she moved forward hand out stretched to greet the gentlemen.
“Morning Mr Norman”, Joanne greeted with a firm hand.
Morning Miss.…… Norman greeted.
“Malaika, Malaika Joanne”.
“I thought were we meeting with Mr Hunter himself”, Norman asked.
“Am afraid he won't be per taking in our meeting today but no worries” she said gesturing for them to take their seats. “I will be handling this meeting today as the new CEO of Hunter corp. So if you don't mind can we get down to business?
Hours flew by as they pitched and negotiated with Steven Norman and finally they came to an understanding.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

LOVE IS CONSUMING