Chapter Twenty Two:

Chapter Twenty Two:

*****Raven's POV*****

"So you're going out again?" I ask as Adrian picks up a pair of black leather shoes

"Yes" he replied sternly

It was hard to believe it had already been a month since I started living with Adrian. He had drilled it into my head that I wasn't being kept captive but I was living with him. However living together you would assume that someone would have the freedom to come and go as I please but I was too frightened to point that out to him.

Now and then he got angry but it was usually a case of Ethan and Frank had irritated him or he heard bad news about his business but other than that he was surprisingly nice, reminding me a lot of Dorian and Cliff but I was too frightened to point that out.

However the one thing that was odd was while a month ago he would barely leave and even went to such lengths as to get Ethan or Frank to do all the shopping or go out to collect "supplies."

For the last week he'd been going out for reasons he wouldn't even tell me. He'd just smile a knowing smile and walk out the door without giving me a second look. It was getting a little strange and I was scared that he was planning something. Who was I kidding, of course he was but not knowing was pretty daunting.

"Hey Adrian" he turned to face me a look of irritation and anger plastered across his face "I was just wondering, where are you going?"

A small smile crept to his face "just out, some business to deal with, I won't be long"

With those words he left locking the door securely behind me. Just like his brothers he was sure to make sure everything was completely locked and there was no way of escape. I had kind of stopped reminding myself these guys were insanely cautious but I guess they would have to be.

"Well" I said and walked back into the living room wondering which room to explore next.

Each time he went out I passed the time by investigating each room of the house. Steering clear of his study and his room of course, those were two places Ethan and Frank had warned me if I wandered into I would probably go a little mad. However I was out of rooms to explore and those were the only two places left.

"I'm sure nothing would happen if I just had a peek" I said to myself with a small smile on my face but then I remembered that strange dangerous smile he always had when warning me never to go into his space and I agreed, I should stay clear

I'm sure I could go look in library again, or perhaps the wine cellar, that was sort of fun despite the fact it smelled of old wood and vomit. Then I could go through the kitchen again, I had basically sorted the place out. I even went to far as to sort the herbs into alphabetical order but it could do with another once over. Or I could look in Adrian's room...

"Alright stop it brain" I mumbled to myself but I still found myself wandering up the stairs and I was standing outside his room my hand on the door handle

I looked back listening out for the door opening in case he decided to come back early. When I heard nothing I felt a little braver and I opened the door slowly. There was a loud creaking noise which just added to the ominous feeling, it was like walking into a nightmare.

Taking a deep breath I stepped into the room and looked round. It was only now I realised what Ethan had meant about going mad. It was a little creepy, it had black walls and a dark crimson carpet. There was a wardrobe on one side and a large kind sized bed.

There were a couple of paintings on the wall. Each one depicting some kind of murder or monster, despite the odd nature I recognised the artist. He was one of my favourites and I recognised some of these from textbook and it dawned on me that these were originals. I gasped in astonishment, these were really rare and really expensive.