Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

"This is the last straw Cliff, first you show me scary movies, then you look through my pants draw but now you have crossed the line" I yelled and threw a jar at Cliff, he ducked in time and shattered against the wall

He ducked under the desk and mumbled something under his breath somewhere along the lines of "crazy girl." I tossed a pot in his direction, it hit him squarely in the head and fell against the floorboards. The front door opened to reveal Dorian and he almost gasped at the state of the kitchen, there were shattered jars and pots scattered all over the floor and most of the furniture had been turned over.

"Please tell me you killed him" Dorian asked but his face remained as straight as always

"No, still alive," Cliff chuckled and tried to get up

I glared over at him and he shrunk back into the shadows. It had been exactly two months since I had come in here and in all that time I had learned two things about Cliff: never let him show you his collection of knives and if you spend enough time around them you pick up their habits.

"This was not my fault" Cliff yelled and stood up

There was nothing left to hit him with and since I had been going like this for an hour I was getting pretty tired so I let him come closer. He gave me an energetic smile and grabbed my hand. My anger slowly drained away and I took another deep breath before calming down completely.

"Thanks for the snack" he said and pinched my cheek

I blushed bright red and tore my way out his grip.

"You are so cute" he cooed

"You must have some kind of split personality," I growled but he was too nice to be angry with him anymore "just don't go adding random ingredients to my pie, I had to throw it away"

"You sound like my mother" Cliff mumbled childishly and looked over at Dorian "how are you doing little bro, I need you to go take care of something if you know what I mean"

Dorian mumbled something under his breath and went over to the fruit basket to grab an apple. He took a bite out of it and walked towards the door, he gave an apologetic look then left the room. Cliff chuckled and looked over at the pots and trays that were scattered across the floor which I had thrown at him out of anger. He looked at me with an accusing look but I just rolled my eyes and knelt down to clean it all up

*****1 hour later*****

I looked at the newest pie that was cooking away in the oven. I was forced to make a new one and right now I was too tired to do much else.

Dorian had gone up to his room to do some homework while Cliff had just gone out saying he would be back in time for dinner. This just left me to sit down here and watch a pie cook, sometimes I really hated it when I was left alone and the twins went off to sulk. I was the one who was kidnapped, why was I the one suffering from loneliness all the time?

The front door burst open and Brett walked in his eyes had black rings from lack of sleep and he had one hand on his forehead. He was mumbling something I couldn't hear, he sat down at the table and he hit his head against the table.

"She'll be coming round the mountain when she comes, she'll be coming round the mountain when she comes..." a chirpy voice sang as a fifteen year old boy with short blond hair and bright green eyes entered into the room

"Shut the hell up Cousin George" Brett groaned "you've been singing that for seven hours straight, I can see why Howard, Ignitus and Jace are slowly going crazy"