Chapter Twenty:

Chapter Twenty:

*****Raven's POV*****

I was a couple of chapters into the book already and to be honest it wasn't that bad at all. Sure it was a little slow but it had a lot of action. Adrian had a really good taste in books if I were being honest.

It had been four hours since Adrian had locked the door and even though it frightened me to no end I found a slight comforting feeling without the presence of the sickly sweet and dangerous man. In such a short space of time I could not make too much an opinion of him while a part of me was terrified of him another part seemed thankful that he was at least being sort of friendly.

Turning back to my book my stomach growled and I groaned in despair. I was beginning to regret not eating that much last night and I doubted I would get very much for a couple of hours. It had been silent most of the time except for a few loud bangs and screams that echoed from downstairs. Nothing compared to what it was like in Cliff and Dorian's home but it still made me jump each time and questions began to zoom through my head of what exactly could be happening down there.

My body shook as another scream echoed from downstairs and I pulled the covers around me as I continued to read the book. I found that despite the tense and horrific atmosphere I found at least some comfort in this book.

"Stupid morons" a voice mumbled from outside the door and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

Adrian came through the door another look of anger plastered across his face and fresh blood was streaked across his vest. He turned to me with a fiery look in his eyes and stalked into the room with murderous intent.

He went over to the bedside table and picked up the mug and stared into it with a disdainful expression.

"You didn't drink any" he growled and I mentally slapped myself for ignoring the tea

"I-I wasn't thirsty" I swallowed and his head snapped towards me and he slammed the drink back on the bedside table

He came over and tried to place a hand on my face when I flinched away and he groaned in annoyance. I looked away from him and went back to my book but found my eyes scanned over the words rather than paying any attention to them.

"Good book?" he asked and I jumped from the sudden questioning, I wished he would leave

"Yeah I'm not usually a fan of thrillers I preferred supernatural horror but I think I've read the author before" I said and he sat down next to me and looked over my shoulder

"I didn't know you liked horrors I have a couple downstairs but they're very dark, I didn't think you'd like them too much" he said and leaned forward to fold the corner of the page and close the book, it looked like I was done reading "I think we should go have Lunch, and I finished all my work so you can come downstairs if you want and keep me company, Frank and Ethan have gone out"

"Alright then" I said and he went to lift me up when I stopped him "I can walk by myself you know"

He raised one eyebrow at me and I got up from the bed. Even though I felt a little dizzy I was able to stand perfectly fine. He nodded and walked over to the door. I followed after him and looked around at my surroundings. If were being honest this place looked quite nice, apart from the odd blood stain here and there it was clean and it was very modern with black and white paint that seemed totally different than the bright colours at Dorian and Cliff's home.

The carpet was soft and there was a spiral staircase heading downstairs. It was as if the place had been designed by some big shot architect, it just looked perfect. All the doors were made of an oak wood and there were a couple of expensive looking paintings dotting around the walls mostly animals and landscapes.