Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

"You can't leave, I'm sorry" Brett said with a sigh

"To hell I can't" I yelled and tried to get up

Brett pushed me down and gave me threatening glare. I really needed to see dad and tell him I was alright. I needed to get away from Dorian so I could get my head clear and try to except the fact my best and only friend belongs to a family or seal killers.

"If you don't calm down and try to escape I am going to be restraining you and I'm guessing you don't want to keep that chain on your wrist for long but I don't have a key" he threatened and went to go grab another cloth to wipe my blood.

I looked down and saw the chain that had shackled me to that room of death was still there as a reminder of what could have happened to me. There was a thump from upstairs and I looked over at the door where a much calmer and normal Dorian and a badly beaten but healing Cliff were standing. Dorian came toward me and picked a key from out his pocket.

He fit the key into the lock on the chain and I sighed in relief as it slid away from my wrist and onto the floor. I rubbed at my wrist and hissed at the pain it caused me. Dorian came over again with a cloth and starting wiping at it.

"Let's just be grateful that Cliff doesn't take care of his stuff properly otherwise who knows how long it would take till we figured you out" Brett joked and the twins stabbed daggers in his direction

"He's told you already hasn't he" Dorian sighed "that you can't leave"

"I can leave you just won't let me" I pointed out

I tried to move out of his grip only to collapse on the floor. My head was fuzzy and I was felling sleepy even though I had only been up for an hour at the most. Dorian was next to me again with another cloth and he picked me up so I was sitting on one of the chairs while he tended to my wound. My head was still feeling funny.

"Stop mothering her man she'll be fine" Cliff sighed and for once I agreed with the psycho

When I attempted to pull away again Dorian grabbed my arm and stared at me intently. I felt like I was being examined and it was making really uncomfortable so I couldn't help but look away. Dorian was still staring at me after a long while and I felt like he was judging me for something I didn't know about.

Eventually when my cuts were either healing or bandaged up I was prepared to make a dash for it. When I got up from the chair I realised it had been a big mistake and I fell forward against Dorian.

"Hospital" I murmured as a pounding headache began to surface

"Stress, trauma and blood loss" Cliff pointed out, "the third and sixth girl's had the same thing, she'll be fine with some rest"

"I want to go home" I mumbled mindlessly

"I know it sounds weird but technically this is your new home we haven't a spare room, this house is huge but we have a lot of stuff we store and the other rooms have way too much damp for them to be healthy," Brett sighed "also I can't trust you so sleep with Dorian, and Dorian make sure she doesn't pull another Houdini"

Dorian nodded towards Brett then he knelt in front of me to offer a piggy back ride. After five years he had been giving me piggy backs whenever I was really tired. I wasn't going to argue so I climbed onto his back and rested an exhausted head on his shoulder.

"Night Raven" Cliff smiled at me kindly and waved me away as we walked off

He took me up the stairs to the top floor and thankfully away from Cliff's torture room. He opened a door at the end of the hallway and into a dimly lit room. It was the complete opposite of the hallway. The walls and carpet were a dark grey colour and the walls were decorated with posters of his favourite rock bands. There was wooden cupboards and wardrobes covering one side of the room and there was a metal framed double bed with black linen on it.