3. The date

Chapter 3: the date

It was Tuesday…and that meant my date with Zayn. I was freaking out, what if he thought I was weird, or he changed his mind and didn’t like me?

I had invited my best friends round to help me get ready and they were gonna stay for a sleepover for the rest of the night.

I looked at my clock…about time to start getting ready. Zayn was picking me up and 8:00 and it was 7:20 now.

Rachel turned the straighteners on while Lucy was looking at what I should wear. Annie was sitting on my bed, looking at my laptop on twitter constantly begging me to try and tweet Harry for her, convinced it would turn out on his timeline.

Lucy was very petit, with mid-length dark blonde hair. She had bright blue eyes and was a half a head shorter than me. Lucy is very caring and can laugh at any of my rubbish jokes. Lucy took me to my first, and only so far, One Direction concert. She is fun and care free, and very pretty. In my opinion, any boy would be lucky to have her.

Annie, on the other hand, has dirty blonde shoulder-length hair with green eyes. She is fun and always tries to insult me any time she can. I always get her back with my amazing come-backs though. Annie is the peacemaker, if any of us ever fall out, she will be the one to sort it out. She is care-free and easy to get along with.

I loved my best friends so much, they were always there for me.

I looked up to see Lucy had finally chosen a dress for me. It was black and just above the knee with a small black shiny belt under the bust. I recently bought this dress with them as well. I smiled at her and said.

“Thanks Lucy! Great choice”

She laughed and replied sarcastically “Obviously…it is me choosing”

I laughed with her as Rachel did my make-up. She put a bit of foundation on, making it look natural. Then some light eye liner for the bottom and liquid eyeliner for the top and finished off with some mascara. I then applied my barry m lipgloss and make a pouty face in the mirror and laughed.

“Thanks guys!” I hugged them.

I looked at the time and noticed Zayn would be here in 10 minutes.

I quickly put my heels on and worried how I would last the whole night in these, at least we would be sitting down for most of it. My heels were about 5 inches tall and were black with a cream bow at the toe.

I got my black sparkly shoulder bag and put my phone and purse in, along with some make-up….just in case it was a sad movie!

I heard a car pull up and a big smile plastered on my face. I hugged all the girls and they said:

“We will be waiting for you when we get back!”

I smiled and waved goodbye. I carefully made my way down the stairs watching my step and let out a breath and I opened the door to reveal a very good looking boy.

Zayn was wearing a black Ralph Lauren polo shirt with beige coloured chinos and high tops.

“Hi” I breathed.

He stared at me for a moment then reached my face with a big smile “Hey babe”.

I blushed and smiled “You look….just wow!” he whispered in my ear on the way to his car.

I blushed even more and whispered back “Thanks, you’re looking rather dashing yourself” and winked.

He laughed as he opened the passenger door for me, such a gentleman! He walked round to his side of the car still laughing.