Part 18

Mr Davies POV

I didn't know what was happening. That man, Cara's dad, He came at me with a cloth and I backed out. I remember him having a gun, and there were police surrounding us. But he shot a few and made them drop their guns. Next think I knew I was being carried out of the building. I remember him talking to me, in a gruff tone, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. It came out as words like: 'Cliff' and 'Death' and 'Shooting' but I still couldn't make sense of it. Finally I started to come round, I saw a figure in front of me and suddenly remembered what had happened. I stood up and fell back down again as I was tied. Cara's dad looked at me and untied the ropes from my legs and arms. I started to walk but he pulled me back and held a gun to my head. 'I don't think so.' He hissed in my ear. I looked around trying to make out where we was. I tried to ask but he held the gun closer making 'BANG' noises, trying to scare me. I leaned closer to the edge of some sort of roof and realized. We were on the tower block roof.

***********

'Cara?' I thought out loud. It was really her. Standing in front of me. She looked at me and mouthed: 'I'm sorry.' I just nodded, but I didn't understand what she was sorry for, none of this was her fault. He pointed the gun from me to her, if he shot her, I would make sure he'd be of the building, not me. I looked around worriedly, one, if not all of us would come out of this dead. This man was a psycho. I looked down and saw police cars and crowds of people watching, thinking it was all a big show and that no one would be hurt. There was a banner on the roof, I couldn't read what it is but it was making people gather. I growled. The psycho brought me closer to the edge of the building. I started breathing heavily, I wanted Cara to do something. She just stood there hopelessly, not knowing what to do. I was now looking vertically down to the ground, 30 floors below me. I turned and stared at Cara's dad, my eyes watery. He didn't have an ounce of heart in his whole body. He grinned back. 'Nice view?' He hissed in my ear. He grabbed the back of my shirt and kept pushing me closer to the edge of the building, one more step and I was off. 'DAD NO!' Cara screamed behind me. The all of a sudden....I tripped. My foot bent forward.