Part 12

Cara's POV

'WHAT?' I screamed out loud. More and more messages came flooding through, all saying the exact same thing. I tried to work out if they were from different unknown numbers, or the same person. I started walking around the flat, my footsteps pacing. That's when I heard knocking on the door. Loud knocking. Dad. I quickly threw my phone down on the sofa and smoothed down my clothes, putting on a fake smile so he wouldn't catch on and go rampaging around the flat to see what I'd done this time. I went to open the door but then he-. He kicked it open. I was so close to the door I ended up with some sort of whiplash from his old scuffed Adidas trainers. I fell back to the floor and he just stared at me, kicked my leg and walked off to the kitchen getting a beer. I walked in behind him waiting by the door. He turned around and stared at me. 'What?' He shouted in my face, swaying back and fore, smelling of beer. 'N-Nothing.' I replied. I did want to tell him, but then something hit, what if It was him?

***************

I ran to the hospital, dad behind me in his old banger. I sprinted down a corner and hid there catching my breath. I heard the familiar sound of rusting against the road which meant dad had drove past. I sighed in relief and made my way to the hospital. 'Ward 32 - Michael Davies?' I asked the lady at the desk nervously. She stared at me, looking me up and down obviously thinking I was to small to be out of school. 'Over there.' She signalled, pointing to a long corridor to the right. 'Ok Thanks!' I panted, then started running. She started to speak but I reached the ward before she could finish. I ran in and saw Mr Davies led in bed with tube around him. He opened his eye and stared at me. 'Cara?' He said, his eyes wide with astonishment. I hugged him and explained how i got here. 'So yeah, that's how I found out about you here.' I finally finished. He nodded, he didn't seem angry anymore. I held his shoulder in a comforting way, then Michael stared at me worried. 'What?' I asked him over and over again. His eyes signalled to a figure behind me. I turned around, and there facing me was my dad.