Part 8

Cara's POV

I didn't think he'd do it. I didn't think he'd ever do it. I knew he was bad, I knew he'd do nearly anything to hurt me, but I didn't think he'd do what he did, to his own daughter. He hit me. Then he...he raped me. My own father raped me in my own bed. That night I was shivering and slept on the downstairs settee, springs still digging in my sides. I couldn't bear to lay my head on that pillow again, it wasn't the same. It brought back the memories from several hours before, of the evil look in his eyes, and how he said before it happened: 'If I don't get what I want from a woman, I'll get it from a girl.'

***********

Dad got up earlier than me and sniggered when he saw me bleeding on the sofa. I tried to smile back weakly, to save the pain, but one of my two front teeth were missing and made me make a crooked grin, making dad even more angry. His laugh turned to a glare and he slapped me across the face. It was times like this I blanked out and tried to imagine what I'd like. Mr Davies and me, together in a big house, I wouldn't have to go to school again, I wouldn't have to see dad again and mum would be alive. But it was all in my imagination. I had nothing to look forward to. I'd once thought about cutting, but if dad saw he would cut me himself, angered that I'd done the job for him. I had thought about doing the job for him many times, but thinking about Mr Davies always stopped me. Ever since that kiss, the first day I went back he wouldn't look me in the eye, he wouldn't sing to me anymore, the only time he would talk if it was to do with algebra or geometry. But the thing that made it worse....was he talked to April. He kept talking to April. I seen the way she smiled at him, the way she fluffed her hair trying to flirt. I heard her at break when I was putting my books away, she was talking to her bitchy friends. 'Oh that Maths teacher...Mr Davens, he's quite hot right?' I heard her giggle. I couldn't stop myself, I don't know what came over me. I stomped around towards her and screamed right in her face. 'IT'S MR DAVIES YOU DUMB SLAG, MR DAVIES! AND HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU AND NEVER WILL, HE LIKES ME!' Afterwards I realized what I hate told my enemy. I'd practically said my own teacher is in love with me.