6.

LINCOLN MEMORIAL, WASHINGTON D.C.

Charles, Jasmine and Erik sat on the steps in front of the memorial. The two men were playing chess whilst Jasmine sat next to Charles, her head on his shoulder. The sun was setting and they had a lovely view ahead of them too. It was calm - they didn't have a care in the world when they were sitting there. 

"I can't stop thinking about the others out there. All those minds that I touched. I could feel them," Charles said "Their isolation, their hopes, their ambitions. I'll tell you, we are at the start of something incredible, Erik, Jasmine." Jasmine smiled and so did Erik.

"We can help them, Charles," Jasmine told him.

"Can we?" Erik's voice was serious "Identification, that's how it starts and ends with being rounded up, experimented on, eliminated." 

"Not this time," Charles assured him "We have common enemies; Shaw, the Russians."

"They need us," Jasmine almost whispered.

"For now," Erik stated.

The two carried on the game whilst Jasmine sat by Charles, holding his hand. She didn't know if he felt the same way about her, but Jasmine felt connected to him. Sure, the both had telepathy so they understood one another but there was something else. Something stronger. Did she like him? Is that what this was? She certainly didn't deny these feelings. Jasmine decided it was best to keep this to herself for now until the time was right. Charles could easily find out by himself anyway, all he had to do was read her mind.

It was getting quite dark and so the trio decided to head back. They met Moira and began discussing their next plan of action whilst the young mutants got to know each other. The adults were completely unaware of the antics that were going on in the lounge. They were oblivious to the rave-like party that was going on downstairs.

"Plane leave for Russia in an hour," Moira said to the group ad they all walked out of the meeting.

"I'm telling you, these kids are not ready for Shaw," Erik warned her.

"I think they're gonna surprise you. They're an exceptional bunch of young people," Charles stated and Jasmine nodded in agreement. As they came closer to the courtyard, they could hear shouting, cheering and loud music. The adults were all confused.

"What the hell?" Moira said in disbelief when she saw that half of the statue had been cut off. They all looked in the direction of the music and saw a smashed window. The young mutants were on the furniture, dancing. Angel was flying about and Hank was hanging off of the light. Sean and Alex were throwing things at Darwin, testing his mutation. 

'Oh no. They're in big trouble,' Jasmine thought.

'You're right about that, dear,' Charles' voice said inside her head. 

"What are you doing?" Moira's voice was full of anger and disappointment. The young mutants turned to face the adults and stopped dancing "Who destroyed the statue?"

"It was Alex," Hank admitted from behind Angel.

"No, Havok. We have to call him Havok. That's his name now." Raven said, stepping forward "And we were thinking, you should be Professor X and you should be Magneto."