12.

The next morning, the mutants (and Moira) were up early. They had to be, what with the possible war at hand. Breakfast was silent; everyone was taking in the fact that they'd be going head to head with Shaw and his team. 

Hank, however, hadn't come to breakfast and so the team thought he might've been working in his lab. They all went downstairs to the lab, but were surprised to see a note stuck to the door.It read:

"Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked 'X' - Hank"

Not a word was said, just confused looks were exchanged. Charles ripped the note off of the door and opened it. What the group saw next came as a shock. 

The lab had been completely wrecked. What had once been neat and tidy was now a great big mess — so unlike Hank. 

"What the hell happened here?" Erik enquired.

The others followed at Jasmine and Charles took the lead, walking carefully over the broken beakers and to the metal crate across the room. Jasmine lifted up the lid, cautious of anymore surprises. When she laid her eyes on the contents, she let out a laugh. Charles followed.

The rest of the group had caught up to the pair, after examining the broken glass and knocked over tables. 

"Hank has been busy," Erik said, smiling and looking to the telepaths. 

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex asked in disgust.

"As none of us are mutated to endure extreme G-force or being riddled by a bullet, I suggest we suit up," Charles stated, closing the lid. Alex offered to carry the crate down to the airbase but Jasmine refused. She said she wanted to practice her telekinesis. 

**********

Once they reached the airbase, Hank was still nowhere to be found. What they did see, though, was a large plane. Charles, not wanting to waste time, ordered for everyone to pick out their designated outfits and 'suit up'. 

It was thoughtful of Hank to go out of his way to make these suits for the team, but he didn't really consider the possibility that the female body was slightly different to the male body. Jasmine broke a sweat trying to squeeze her upper body into the leathery material. She looked around and could see Raven having the same problem. They both shared a quick laugh before meeting the boys. 

Jasmine stood by Charles and held his hand, occasionally giving it a little squeeze as they waited for Hank. 

"Where's Hank?" Raven finally asked.

"I'm here."

Everyone's head followed the voice. It came from right in front of them. In the blinding light from outside, a figure could be seen walking towards them. The figure looked to be taller and slightly bigger than Hank. 

"Hank?"

"It didn't attack the cells, it enhanced them," Hank said, looking down in shame "It didn't work."

 Once he got closer, everyone gasped slightly. This didn't look like Hank at all. The 'man' that stood before them had a thick layer of electric blue fur covering his body. Although, Hank's signature glasses were the only thing that made him, well, Hank.

"Yes, it did, Hank," Raven told him "Don't you see? This is who you were meant to be. This is you, no more hiding."

"Never looked better man," Erik mistakingly said before patting Hank's chest. Hank's found it's way to Erik's throat and squeezed.  

"Don't mock me," he growled, tightening his grip on Erik's neck.

"Hank," Jasmine said cautiously.