3.

COVERT CIA RESEARCH BASE

The black car  pulled up in front of the building and the group got out.

"Welcome to my facility," the agent proudly said as they walk up to the entrance "My mission has been to investigate the application of paranormal powers in military defence-"

"Or offense," Erik said to Charles, who looked at him.

"This guy Shaw, Schmidt, whatever you wanna call him, he's working with the Russians," the agent continued "We might need your help to stop him."

"Marvellous," Charles replied "So we're to be the CIA's new mutant division, yes?"

The man looked at Charles and said "Something like that."

THE LAB / AIRBASE

"It's a supersonic," came a voice from beside the group "The most advanced plane ever built." The group followed the voice and were met my a young scientist.

"You should see it in real life. It's incredible," he continued.

"Hank, these are the special new recruits I was telling you about," the agent said, gesturing to Charles, Raven, Erik and Jasmine "This is Hank McCoy, one of our most talented young researchers." 

The others politely smiled at him but something was strange. Both Charles and Jasmine could sense another mutant. 

'Do you think it's Hank?' Jasmine asked Charles in his mind.

'I believe it is' he replied.

'Don't say it out lo-' Jasmine was about to warn him that the agent was oblivious to Hank's mutation but Charles already started to step forwards and speak.

"How wonderful. Another mutant, already here," Charles blurted out without realising what he had done. He looked back at the agent "Why didn't you say?"

"Say what?" the agent asked, confused. With one look at Jasmine, Charles realised he had blown Hank's 'cover'. 

"Because you don't know," he muttered under his breathe before turning to Hank "I am so, so terribly sorry." 

"Hank?" the agent stepped forward.

"You didn't ask so I didn't tell," Hank replied looking to the side until Raven spoke up and he glanced at her with wide eyes. He looked starstruck which made Jasmine giggle to herself.

"So, your mutation is what? You're super-smart?" Raven asked, smiling softly.

"I'll say," Charles said "Hank here graduated Harvard at the age of 15."

"I wish that's all it was," Hank still stared at Raven, in awe of her beauty.

"You're among friends now, Hank, you can show off," Charles' voice was soft and comforting. Jasmine stepped forward, beside Charles, to watch Hank. He began to kick off his shoes and take off his socks, revealing hand-like feet. Everyone stared down at Hank in excitement and wonder "Marvellous."

Raven began to giggle and smile warmly at Hank, giving him some encouragement. Hank walked over to the model plane so he was under the wing. He then did a quick backflip up in the air and his hand-like feet gripped onto the edge of the wing, leaving him dangling upside down 

"Ta-da." Hank said as everyone cheered for him. Raven made her way to Hank.

"You're amazing," she told him.

"Really?"

TIME SKIP TO LATER ON IN THE EVENING

Jasmine didn't have anywhere to be so she sat outside, sketching her surroundings. Hank and Raven had gone to his lab, Moira was with the other agents but the whereabouts of Charles and Erik were unknown. Outside, it was cool and quiet - the way Jasmine preferred it to be. There wasn't much to do because they were still trying to locate Shaw and figure out a plan. 

"You're very talented," a familiar voice said from behind her. Jasmine jumped in shock but then turned round to meet those welcoming blue eyes she loved so much.

"I-I didn't know you were here," she said quietly, clearly flustered.

"Actually, I just came outside for some fresh air. You're very artistic," Charles said with a smile.

"Thank you. I find it calming and therapeutic," she said in response. It was silent again and Jasmine continued to draw. All of a sudden, Erik came storming out of the building, holding a brown briefcase. He hadn't seemed to notice the pair of telepaths because he just kept walking. Jasmine hadn't realised but she had made her and Charles invisible. 

'Let go Jasmine' Charles said in a calm voice, in her mind. Jasmine turned to face him and did as she was told. Charles walked to the path, in front of the entrance, and paused

"From what I know about you, I'm surprised you've managed to stay this long," Charles said, making Erik turn round to see us both outside with him. 

"What do you know about me?" 

"Everything," Charles said with a slight chuckle.

"Then you'll know to stay out of my head," Erik sounded angry.

"I'm sorry Erik, but I've seen what Shaw did to you," Charles continued "I've felt your agony." Erik didn't respond.

"I can help you."

"I don't need your help," Erik scoffed.

"Don't kid yourself. You needed my help last night," Charles shot back. Jasmine stood up.

"And mine," she said almost quietly. Erik turned his gaze to her and Jasmine swore she could see a slight smile on his face, but only for a second.

"It's not just me, us you're walking away from," Charles acknowledged Jasmine "Here you have the chance to be apart of something much bigger than yourself." Again, Erik remained quiet.

"We won't stop you leaving, Erik," Jasmine piped up "We could, but we won't." With that, Jasmine and Charles made their way back inside. 

"Shaw's got friends. You could do with some," Charles carried on walking as he said this. Erik was hit with the realisation of it all - friends would be nice to have.

Once the pair were inside, Jasmine turned to Charles.

"Do you think he'll stay?" she asked him.

"I guess we'll have to find out tomorrow. I suggest you get a good night's sleep though," Charles walked away, leaving a very tired Jasmine. 

I wonder what will happen tomorrow, she thought.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A/N

Aloha lovely readers! This chapter was just the introduction for Hank, really. Tomorrow, the group will be recruiting young mutants! Those of you who've watched the move will know if Erik decides to stay or not...