9.

BUNKER, THE XAVIER MANSION

Jasmine, Charles, Hank and Alex went down to the bunker for Alex's session. Charles thought it would be safer to test his abilities there instead of somewhere in the house - potentially starting a fire and destroying the whole mansion. As they were walking down there, Charles opened a supply cupboard and grabbed a few mannequins.

"My stepfather took the possibility of a nuclear war quite seriously. This way," he explained "That's why he had this bunker built down here."

They all looked around the very large bunker. There were bright lights all in a line, on the ceiling. By the door, there were fire extinguishers - which would come in handy seeing as Alex was there. 

"I thought we could use it as a practice range of sorts."  

"You don't think I'm gonna blow through the walls?" Alex asked, unsure that the plan was a smart one.

"He had this place built to withstand a nuclear bomb," Charles chuckled "I think it can handle you, Alex."

Jasmine started to walk behind Charles and Alex, leaving Hank to set up. She thought it would be best to stay behind Alex so that she wouldn't be in the line of fire.

"You know, when I do this, bad things tend to happen."

"That's because you can't control it. It controls you," Charles told Alex. Jasmine kept note of what he said, she found it quite useful - in a way. "That's why we're here, Alex. It's why we're training."

"If you're serious about me doing this, you might wanna get back. You too," Alex looked from Charles to Jasmine. She complied and followed Charles to the doors.

"Shall we shut the doors?"Jasmine asked.

"Yeah."

The doors were shut and Jasmine looked to Charles who just nodded.

"Whenever you're ready," They both called to Alex.

There was silence but then they heard a loud bang - Alex had aimed at something. The green light by the door turned to red and the two telepaths smiled, hopefully. Charles opened the door and they were both about to step inside until they saw the mess in front of them. 

"Oh, my God!" Jasmine quickly handed Charles a fire extinguisher, taking one for herself, as well. They both attempted to put out the fire whilst Charles spoke.

"I will teach you to control this, Alex."

Once the fire was all put out, they all walked back upstairs. Alex left to take refuge in his room, whilst Charles and Jasmine searched for Sean. They found him in the living room and told him to meet them outside. Charles grabbed a pane of glass, which happened to be lying around, and walked outside where Sean was waiting.

Charles set up the glass on a table whilst Sean and Jasmine made small talk. Moira came to join them since she had nothing to do in the house. 

"Sean, I'd like you to-"

Charles was cut off by the sound of Sean letting out a whistle-like scream. The glass shattered and and the shards fell to the ground.