Chapter 14

The Third's eyes hardened as Inoichi recalled my memories to him.

"Hokage-sama, if you don't mind me asking," Inoichi said, "do you know about the Uchiha Massacre?"

The hokage stayed silent for a while, before answering. "No."

If I remembered correctly, the hokage wanted to work something out with the clan, but Danzo got in the way first.

Even if the anime said otherwise, I doubt that the Hokage would be completely clueless about Danzo's plans.

"But you do know about the coup d'état, right?" I asked quietly, feeling a little lightheaded.

The village leader's eyes remained trained on the table in front of him and didn't answer.

"Inoichi," the old man said, "did you see everything in Naka's memory?"

The blonde frowned. "I'm not too sure, Hokage-sama. I got kicked out of her mind before I can know the end."

The room started to swirl and I blinked several times to get rid of the blurred figures of the two adults in the room.

"Is Shikaku out on a mission? I will need him to attend the meeting," the Third said clearly but his voice echoed back and forth in my head in loud whispers.

I brought my hand up to hold my head that was throbbing wildly, noting that it was completely drenched in sweat.

The room spun wildly, swinging left and right and my eyes widened as I staggered forward, unable to hold my footing properly.

"Naka-chan, are you oka-"

----------

"-her mind... alter ego..."

"... exhaustion...young..."

"Why-.."

My eyes slowly opened and I found myself staring at a screen.

The screen was black and blank as if something was supposed to be there. It was so dark that I almost couldn't tell it apart from the background if it wasn't for the rectangle outline. The atmosphere was quiet and eerie, reeking an ominous feeling. I warily heightened my senses and turned around to survey my surroundings.

I spotted the three very, very familiar doors that appeared in front me.

The black door that led to my past life memories, the white door that led to Naka's memories and the grey door that led to my 'visions'.

How was that possible? Weren't these doors supposed to be in my head? How-

"Hi there." A voice giggled loudly from behind me.

My heart skipped a beat in shock and my body remained frozen in place, fully knowing who the mysterious person was.

"C'mon, don't be rude! This is the first time we're officially meeting!" She whined.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly turned around, dreading every moment of it.

"Hello." I greeted Julie quietly, my eyes taking in her form. She looked the same like she did earlier today but mirth was dancing around in her eyes.

"Oh no, it was actually yesterday. You've been sleeping for 18 hours." Julie replied easily. "This is your mind, Naka. I know what you're thinking."

"Why can't I hear your thoughts then?" I shot back.

"Because I am speaking what I am thinking, little girl." She shrugged with a face splitting grin.