Chapter 18

Opening the door entrance to our apartment, I spotted a wrapped gift covered by a dog-print cloth. Both curious and wary, I bent down to untie the knot. Two white bento boxes appeared on top of one another.

Gingerly and carefully opening the lid, messy onigiri appeared along with a small piece of salmon, something I was surprised to see. After all, salmon wasn't very cheap.  Just as I closed the lid, a piece of small paper gently flitted down to the ground.

"To Naruto and Naka." The messy handwriting wrote.

With an amused smile, I called out to Naruto.

"Naruto. We have lunch!"

After I set the food up on the table and waited for Naruto to finish using the bathroom, I took out a pen and a piece of paper.

"Thank you, ANBU-san." I slid the paper through the window so that only a small part of it faced the tree outside.

----------------

"Welcome to the Sarutobi household." Hiruzen said while Naruto and I stared in awe at the fancy house in the middle of a small compound. In my hand was a small, grey bag that held the new sets of clothes the Hokage had bought for us the day before. In Naruto's hand was the doll I made for him years ago.

I had agreed in moving in with the village head under the condition that I get to sleep in my apartment during the weekends. Some things were hard to let go of. Even after my constant refusal, the Hokage insisted that I needed to be referred to as Sarutobi Naka.

The three of us entered the three-floored house. The first floor was an elegant looking living room and a kitchen. The living room had two big, red sofas and a large coffee table. The kitchen had a dining area which consisted of a rectangular, wooden table that stretched over seven seats. 

Even upon entrance, I had already spotted three maids and four guards and there would undoubtedly be more in this household.

The Hokage let us venture upstairs to settle in. Second floor had the Hokage's study room and his bedroom, and next to them was another smaller bedroom. Third floor was ours. A large bedroom with a queen-sized bed, two other rooms next to it.

"We only need one room." I told the Hokage, although the sentence came off as more of a question that a statement.

"That's not for you." The Hokage said with an amused smile.

As if on cue, there was a sound of a baby wailing that left one of the rooms, most likely the one at the end of the hall, through closed doors.

"We have a sibling?" I asked the Hokage, peering at the door curiously.

"No, well, yes you do. But that's your nephew Konohamaru."

Konohamaru, Konohamaru. Why does that ring a bell? I drew in a deep breath. That was not good. My memories were slipping away fast.

"What about our sibling?" I questioned. A sibling who was most probably twenty years older. Married. And with a child.

"You have two brothers. One of them is currently cooped up in his room right now." I assumed that room would be the one opposite to ours, given that there are no basements or some hidden rooms.

"And the other brother? I wanna meet him!" Naruto blurted out.

"Asuma is currently not in Konoha right now. He will be returning in a few months after he retires from the Twelve Guardian Ninja."

"Naruto-kun, do you want to go ahead and explore your room? Take a piece of paper and write down a list of ten things you want to add to it." Hokage said, nudging Naruto into the room.