Chapter 11

"Naka-chan," Hokage greeted from across the table with a small, gentle smile. "This is the first time you wanted to see me and not the other way round. You're lucky I'm free today for half an hour."

"Hokage-sama," I said seriously, straightening my back in the chair and looking straight into his eyes. "Please activate the silencing seals around this room. What I'm about to tell you is very important."

The hokage's eyes shone with amusement. "Alright." He made a hand seal, and I felt a wave of strong chakra washing across the room. I knew that in his eyes, he was only doing it to indulge a child and her games.

I decided to cut the chase. "I think... I'm seeing things I'm not supposed, Hokage-sama."

The room fell silent and the Hokage was left sitting across from me, a calculative look in his eyes. I had been thinking about telling the Hiruzen about some of the events that were going to happen in the near future. I was too young and too weak to make any changes, and using the 'seer' reason was more reasonable than 'reincarnation'. That, and it wouldn't make him question my loyalty if he didn't know I wasn't from here. Hokage was everything I wasn't. Strong and powerful. If it was someone who could make a change, it would be him.

"What do you mean, Naka-chan?" He asked calmly.

I forced myself to look nervous and scared, staring down onto my fidgeting hands on my lap. "I-I don't know. I've been dreaming... weirdly these past years. Those dreams don't come everyday, sometimes the dream is repeated and the timing is random. Those dreams don't come in chronological order too."

"What dreams?" He questioned kindly. "You can tell me anything."

"At first, those dreams weren't of the future. Some of the events that I dreamt of happened when I wasn't even born. Like, when Uchiha Madara and the first Hokage fought and the Uchiha defected from the village. Or, the Kannabi bridge where a new hero with sharingan was born." I paused. "That's the reason why I often visit the library. To check if those events really happened. And they did."

That wasn't the reason why I visited the library, but the Hokage wouldn't know that. Right now, his lips were pressed together into a firm, thin line.

"Well, you're probably tired, Naka-chan. You've confused the dreams with the books you've read. You see, you might've read the books before and dreamt about it."

"No, that's not what happened!" I decided to drop the bomb. "And there was this dream about the fourth Hokage trying to seal a giant orange fox, about this big!" I childishly tried to stretch my arms so far apart. "At first, the big bad fox was from his wife's tummy, but it went loose because of a man with a lollipop face. So that was when the fourth Hokage decided to seal the fox into his son."

I added a sniff for dramatics. "Too bad the fourth and his wife died."

And the mysterious lollipop face man and sealing-demon-fox-into-his-son parts I was sure was not in any books. They were S-rank secrets. At this point, Hiruzen looked completely serious. His shoulders had squared back and his foot was tapping rhythmically against the floor.

"What else?" His tone was no longer kind of gentle.

"Well." I shut my eyes tightly, pretending to remember more. "I'm not sure if this happened yet or not. It's about a clan with freaky, white eyes."

"The Hyuuga clan." Hokage muttered.

"Yeah! That's the name!" I exclaimed. "And I think it's the heir's birthday. She was kidnapped by some random ninja another village. I forgot the name though. But her dad killed the bad guys!" My eyes dimmed a little, as if I thought of something. "Oh yeah, it wasn't a happy dream. There was some kind of an inter-village problem after that. So, somehow, her dad's brother had to die instead." I finished the story too abruptly.

The Hokage stared. "That didn't happen yet."

"Oh..." I said, not sure how to reply that.

"Look," the Hokage started. "I don't know how credible your dreams are. After all, they are just dreams."

I ignored that. He must've believed me to some extent to take me seriously. There was a brief silence before I remembered something.

"In those dreams, I wasn't there." I added.

His eyebrows pulled into a frown. "What do you mean?"

"You see, all my dreams add up into this one big dream. Of one universe. In my dreams, I saw Naruto alone, but now, I'm with him. That being said, with myself being here, it creates another universe that doesn't exist in the dreams."

He leaned back into his chair, his hand running down his goatee. "So you're telling me your existence is the factor that can disrupt the timeline."

"Like a pebble dropped in a river?" I suggested.

"That creates not just one, but many ripples." The Hokage finished.

I nodded in agreement and leaned back into my own chair.

"Well, I have a meeting with the councilmen in five minutes." The Hokage said softly. "I would love to continue this conversation with you."

"Wait." I frowned. "You will do something about the Hyuuga incident, right?"

He stared at me for a long moment. "I will send in a couple of ANBU forces. This will serve as a mark to judge how reliable your dreams are."

I nodded, standing up from my chair and bowed deeply to Hiruzen's way. "Thank you for your time, Hokage-sama."

I walked to the door, and when my hand was on the doorknob, the Hokage spoke.

"A seer is a big responsibility, Naka-chan. I hope you know that the information cannot fall into the wrong hands."

I didn't reply.

-----------------------------------

"Where were you, Naka-chan!" Naruto whined from the bed, the fox doll in his hands. "I was so lonely. And hungry too!"

I smiled fondly, patting his head.

This boy was going to grow up to be everyone's hero. A legend. But only a few would realize how much pain he had to go through to get there.

I wonder if I had helped him in any way.

"Making a change, Naruto. I was making a change."