Chapter 13

Warning: Some spoilers about the war.

--------------------------

It became a routine. At 7a.m. sharp, I would be at the training ground, doing my warm ups. At 8a.m., I would run around the field until 10a.m.

I had to admit, these past two months had been useful. From 35 sit ups per minute, mine increased to 40, and from 25 push-ups to 31. That's the fastest record. If I were to go on for half an hour for each set, then the average would be 37 sit ups per minute and 27 push ups per minute.

Two hours of running was still very exhausting, but at least I wasn't so tired that I had to sleep overnight in a training ground because a certain somebody left me there. My speed was slowly progressing, and the training helped a little with my lack of stamina.

My wrist weights increased from 1kg to 3kg, ankle weights from 2kg to 4kg. Shisui was careful enough to not use heavier weights or else it would stunt my growth. Not that I could afford to be any shorter. Thank God I was now more well fed, or well I would've collapsed right there and then.

Most of the time, Shisui wasn't there. He was getting busier everyday. So I took the liberty to bring Naruto along my training. The boy's stamina was great and he was only a little tired by the time the training ended. Meanwhile, I was too tired to walk, so Naruto ended up carrying me home almost every time.

-------------------------

In the middle of my push-up, an ANBU mysteriously landed right in front of me.

"Naka-san. The hokage has requested to see you." He said monotonously.

I took me quite a while to realize that it was the ANBU that had spoken since the mouse patterned mask was blocking his whole face, and more importantly, his moving mouth. It was quite a shame, I considered my ability to read people's feelings and body language quite an accomplishment. A face and their eyes usually show most of the emotions after all.

Without any further warning, he grabbed my arm and transported us to the Hokage tower through a body flicker.

When we arrived in front of the Hokage's office door, my face was unhealthily pale and my stomach was continuously lurching. The whole world was spinning and the only thing that stopped me from falling was the ANBU's strong grip on me.

He knocked on the Hokage's door twice and waited patiently for a reply.

From inside the room, the Hokage responded. "Come in."

The ANBU and I entered the room, both of us bowing deeply.

When I raised my head, I was surprised to see Inoichi standing next to the hokage's table. The hokage gave me a grandfatherly smile before dismissing the ANBU with a wave of his hand.

"Sit down, Naka-chan."

I slumped into my seat. "It seems like I've been here far too many times."

Hiruzen gave an amused smile. "This wouldn't be the last time."

He made a hand sign, activating the silencing seals around this room. He gestured to Inoichi.

"This is Yamanaka Inoichi, part of T&I Division." I bowed in Inoichi's direction.

Inoichi gave me a kind smile. "Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you."

"I wasn't thinking that you were going to." I replied. "But why are you here?" Of course I knew why he was here, but it was only polite that I asked.

"I just need to check some things." He said, before walking to me and kneeling down to my height. "You said you were having dreams. Special dreams. I just need to take a look at them."