LIMBO

Jack's face was still gloomy as he walked towards the gate. God touches his back. His skin color goes back to his regular from emerald green and he grows wings.

"At least let us have a proper goodbye..." Jack asks. God nods and Jack walks towards you.

"You look like an angel!" you say admiring his wings. He takes your hand and rubs it against his cheek and rests his forehead against yours.

"That's because I am one."

"There's no turning back now, you know right?" Jack just laughs, now holding you by the waist. You blush. "I like this," you wrap your hands around his neck.

"But I know what you'd like more..." He whispers in your ear. You blush more looking him in the eye. Jack laughs even harder.

"I love you, you know that right?"

"Yeah. I know," your voice cracks, not really expecting it. You hold onto him tighter, a tear falls from the corner of your eye "I don't want you to leave me..."

"Aww..." Jack holds you tighter. You hear him sniffle. He lets go walking away from you towards the gate, you wave to him. You turn around all of a sudden back in the graveyard.

"I love you too." You whisper.

-One Year Later-

It's been about a year since I've seen Jack. I love him. Now I know he loves me. That's what keeps me going lingering on this Earth. Life isn't fair, I guess afterlife isn't fair either. We've made a lot more mistakes that we can afford sometimes. We have to learn to cope with them when we can't fix them, and that's what I've been doing.

Not being able to go back to my mother, I made friends with a few of the Limbo ghosts who visit me quite frequently back at Jack's apartment. The place still smells like him. No one has entered the room except for us because we locked the door. And if anyone does, that's what possession is for.

Heaven is a place where children of God can live in peace. I can't say if Jack is experiencing that right now. There's not a day that goes by without me thinking about him. He pops into my mind every single day.

I can't even think about how much you have helped me. I don't regret doing this at all. Only because It was about time I had repay you anyway. From the moment you walked into my life at the coffee shop. You didn't know me and I didn't know you. Even if you had nothing to do with the ordering of your steps that day, not even knowing that I would be dead that same day...I still THANK YOU for that, along with everything else you've done.

I love you too.