Chapter 9

It bothered you that your mom had shunned you away like that, even if she didn't know it was you. Probably thought it was someone in her house like a robber or rapist or something...

It wasn't like she could see you, but why could she feel you? And why could you feel her? All of these thoughts buzzed in your head soon erasing the bad ones making you wipe away your tears. It was at this moment, when you looked down, you saw a distinct green haired head in the opening of an ally accompanied by two goons. You knew only one person with hair like that, so you decided to go check it out. After all, none of them could hurt you...you hoped.

Swooping in closer you could identify the green haired man was in fact Sean. You watch as the slightly darker--probably Latino--guy in an eye patch punches him square in the jaw, while the other palish one holds what looks to be grocery bags. You fly in closer so that you're right next to them. You see Sean against the wall on his knees.

You watch as he winces in pain, bowing down and covering his wound. A tear drops into the wound, probably making it hurt even more. You couldn't just stand there, you had to do something. You thought about possession. You had only seen it done in the movies, but it wouldn't be that hard to do it in real life, was it? That is, if it was possible.

You tried to linger towards him, not really sure of how to do it. You stretched your hand towards him seeing your hand go through. Thrusting your whole body inside of him (no homo) you're not sure of what to do next. You start to feel dizzy and all of a sudden you start to get a vision through his eyelids.

Did it work? You ask yourself. You move Sean's left hand observing it trying to get a feel of what it's like not being a ghost anymore.

Without warning, you're punched in the stomach...well Sean is anyway, leaving you with bated breath. You look up with dismay, feeling the pain wondering if Jack could too. I hope I'm not hurting him...

Really wishing you were invincible like before when you were incorporeal, you struggle to make an intimidating face instead looking constipated.

"D-dude, are you alright?" the Latino guy asks. You mentally roll my eyes, getting up as he stands back a bit.

"HE is trying to fight US? You gotta be shittin' me," the scarred one chuckles.

"Is something funny?" you ask hearing Sean's voice. Your throat slightly tickles, trying to get used to having vocal cords again. You crack your neck trying to look contentious. They both chuckle softly, getting closer. The scarred one drops the bags.

Before giving them the chance, you kick the Latino one in the face, blood coming out as he falls to the ground. He growls cracking his jaw back into place. The scarred one begins to laugh louder showing his rusted-looking teeth. He lunges at you, kicking your right leg so that you stumble onto the ground. He picks up a foot getting ready to stop on your stomach but you just barely catch it, the dirt and grime rubbing onto your hands. You twist his leg and push him off you, dislocating it.

The Latino one is now up. He throws a punch at you in which you dodge. Throwing a second one at you you catch it twisting it behind his back. He screams in agony. Pinning him against the wall, you push him back onto the ground as the scarred one lunges towards you with one of the soda bottles Sean must've bought. You spin dodging his attack. The bottle has a huge dent in it as it's thrown at the wall missing you. He growls as he walks towards you, his fists clenched. You see the veins in his neck pounding.

You gulp before nearing the back wall. You jump backward pushing off the wall and Bruce Lee him in the gut, falling on top of him. You get up backing away towards the grocery bags and escape Sean's body.