Chapter 6

You floated towards him following out of the hospital and towards the street as you let your thoughts consume you.

You couldn't say that you really felt any physical pain, and barely any emotionally. You really didn't think about having to deal with the fact that you were dead until the doctor showed up and said so. Tears formed in your eyes. You looked at yourself in your ghostly form. Bits of ectoplasm came out of your eyes in the form of tears once again accidentally falling on the man's head. It was like you were a mermaid...except for the fact that you were translucent, and green. Your body was kind of the same as your human one but kind of disappeared at the lower thighs, making you hover over the ground.

Now reaching the man's apartment, you fly ahead being able to go through the door before he opens it. You didn't know what was cooler, that fact that you could go through the door, or the sight of his room itself. You turn around seeing the man's gloomy face again and you loose your grin.

He sets his keys on the kitchen counter, then heading to use the bathroom. Now was you chance to explore. Since you didn't really feel like invading his privacy just yet, you decided to just search his living room. You see a photo of him and another person, possibly a friend? You try to pick up the frame but then realize, you can't. You see a bunch of other stuff on the mantel above the fireplace below the TV including the names of CDs and DVDs on the shelves on either side. "Lincoln Park," "Rick and Morty," "Futurama," "NSP," "System of a Down..."

You turn around looking at the coffee table seeing circled stains on the glass. Guess he doesn't use coasters... you thought. You saw a few of his clothes on the ground and couch and make a face at how messy he is. Ripped jeans, leather jackets, a few green t-shirts. You float over to his bookcase seeing how dusty they are, and blow in them. You float back making a silent sneeze and look at the binders of some of the books. Most of them were photo albums so you kept looking.

Floating towards the front entrance, you see an umbrella and boots. For rainy days, I suppose. You look back into the kitchen seeing, nothing too special. A coffee maker, boxes of cake mix and pizza boxes overflowing in the trash can.

The bedroom. Only right across from the kitchen, you try to turn the doorknob, stumbling in anyway. Right, gotta remember I can do that... You see another huge pile of clothes on the floor noticing a stench coming from that corner. You float over to the bedside seeing a lamp as well as a few pictures, letters, and a pocket knife. You notice on the other side a bunch of green plushies on the other side but then see his opened wallet, having the words "bad motherfucker" stitched into it. Was he really?

You see the first few cards being an iTunes gift card, a steam credit card, a driver's licence, and another gift card from Game Stop. You squint at the name on the licence not even being able to pick it up. "SEAN"

Suddenly the door opens. Making you gasp. Can he see me? You float out of his vision watching him close the wallet, putting it in one of his drawers with socks in it. You follow behind him seeing him pull up to his computer.