Chapter 9~ The secret

~~Chantelle’s POV~~

"H-hi." I managed to get out. His face was literally five centimetres from mine and I could feel his breathing on my skin. I it was a little heavy but I bet it's because he was moving around a lot on the field. I took a step back because I knew that if we got any closer our faces would smush together.

"Hey. I saw you had joined the cheer leading team?" He said more like a question than a statement. I was confused. I looked at him waiting for further words but since nothing came I decided to speak up.

"Yeah, and?" I asked quite rudely causing myself to curse myself out a little inside my head. He opened his mouth slightly and closed it before opening it again to speak.

"Nothing, I err, just didn't think it was err... you." He replied and I looked at him sceptically.

"Well sorry, but it is. Is that a problem?" I asked getting my sass on. Who does he think he is? There was that like 90% of regret inside of me for saying that and I have no idea how, but I pushed it along with the help of three elephants into the back of my mind. He looked slightly taken back by my words but then composed himself slightly before going back to nervous. He reached his hand and placed it behind his neck.

I raised my eyebrows in wait of an answer while he stood there looking like he was thinking of an answer.

"Well?" I asked impatiently while I folded my arms across my belly. I may be being hard on him and that regret was really trying to push past my herd of elephants in my head and make it to my mouth to apologize.

"No. There is no problem with that. It just took me by surprise that you would want to do cheer leading, that's all. I didn't mean to upset you in any way." He explained scratching the back of his neck. The regret had now won because it was now accompanied with guilt. He looked so innocent and apologetic and I couldn't help but feel sorry.

"I'm sorry. I just get a little harsh sometimes." I explained, slowly unfolding my arms.

"I'm sorry too. I didn't mean to upset you." He told me and I smiled at him unsure what to say.

"It’s okay." I said gazing up into his green orbs as soon as my eyes latched onto them. I just couldn’t seem to look away and it's like every time I do this, this happens.

What is he doing to me? What am I feeling?

It's a mix of happiness and excitedness and sweatiness when I'm around him or near him and my heart goes a lot faster.

Is it love?

Probably not. It may just be that time of month again and my hormones are going crazy...

Before I knew it, he was inching closer and closer to me. Slowly, ever so slowly. It was like he was testing me to see what I was going to do. I could feel his warm breath near my lips now and I wasn't sure whether to rank this as a good thing or a bad thing. He was tempting me. Is he really going to do what I think he is?

I caught myself closing my eyes and waiting for the touch. What am I doing!? It's happening anyway Chantelle just go with it! My conscious told me.

But I’ve just met him! I’m not gonna go kissing guys I’ve just met! I’m not a whore. No, I’m not doing this. Just back awa-

"Sooo, what are we talking about!" A loud voice said right next to my ear shouted causing me to jump away from Tristan abruptly. Both of our heads snapped into the voice's direction and surprise surprise, Devlin was standing there with a fake smile plastered across her face.

"Nothing!" I shouted a little too quickly. I composed myself and carried on speaking. "Nothing. I was just...leaving." I said with a sad smile as I turned and walked away in the direction of the changing rooms. Tristan's face when I said that looked quite sad and the usual happy and fuzzy Tristan was now nonexistent and I bet I'm the reason why.