Chapter Fourteen

ROSIE

"What did they mean when they said our bloodsucker's, Rosie?"

Fae was doing her best to hang on but was losing quite a lot of blood. I knew I needed to keep her talking.

"Shawn couldn't get inside my head, in fact, none of them could so then they told me the truth. But Shawn seemed to be really close and protective over me, also I kind of felt something around him."

Fae smiles then flinches, "we can both have vampire lovers Rosie. You might even make Shawn more chill which everyone in Slipknot would appreciate."

I can't help but laugh.

~30 minutes later~

"Stay with me Fae, keep your eyes open and keep talking to me."

Fae slumps against her restraints while I try to keep her with me. This past half hour from what I could make out from the semi-broken clock above the door I'd managed to mix my sweat and blood allowing me to get my wrists almost free from the rope.

"Can I suggest something crazy Rosie?"

"What?"

Fae groans, "Ellie has the key to my restraints. If you're close to getting free get her close to me and I'll do something allowing you to get the keys, agreed?"

I nod, "just don't hurt yourself anymore."

"I can't make any promises Rosie."

The metal door swings open and Ellie waltzes in.

"You're still breathing Fae, damn you're one tough cookie. Maybe I need to do some more damage."

Ellie closes in on Fae and with a final painful tug I come free and drop to the floor as quietly as I can. Fae makes eye contact with me and nods. I take a deep breath and tap Ellie on the shoulder.

"Maybe we need to do some damage to you bitch."

Ellie spins around her eyes widen seeing I was free.

"What the hell—"

Fae cuts her off by using her restraints to hoist herself up and wraps her legs around Ellie's neck like you only saw in the movies, but this time around due to Fae's current state it didn't look like she would last long.

"Get the keys, Rosie."

I snap into action and rush Ellie and start to pat her down while she struggled to get free of Fae's surprisingly strong grip. I find the keys and feel triumphant. Standing back I take in the sight in front of me and a dark thought crosses my mind.

"Ellie if we let you go what are you going to do?"

Ellie spits at me, "happily kill you and the leeches."

I was still shocked that this was the same Ellie both Fae and I grew up with who always put girls above guys and mocked our belief in the supernatural.

"Close your eyes, Rosie."

Without questioning Fae I close my eyes and a few seconds later a cracking sound makes me jump.

"Open your eyes, Rosie."

I open my eyes and gasp, Ellie lay unmoving on the ground. Fae must have snapped her neck.

"Is it bad that I don't feel guilty about her death Fae?"

Fae sighs, "it's a kill or be killed world we live in Rosie. Now please free me."

Unlocking the metal cuffs Fae slumps forwards and I manage to catch her, the knife from Alex still stuck in her stomach. Should I take it out or leave it in?