Chapter One

FAE

"Tonight you're going to get laid Fae, you need a good fuck to get over your last breakup. We all know that jackass is already out and about sleeping around, you can't let him win."

I roll my eyes as my best friends Rosie and Ellie doll me up to the nines. They'd already forced me into a pretty skimpy black lace dress that looked like something I'd wear on the corner if I needed extra money. I also allowed them to attack my hair and makeup, Rosie and Ellie were hard to say no to.

They'd come over with bottles of wine, chocolates, and crisps out of the blue to surprise me. I was a simple kind of girl who preferred a night in with a bottle of wine, a takeaway, and a cheesy movie. But here I was with my long auburn hair curled, my face caked in makeup, and looking like a street walker.

"I look like a slut girls."

Ellie snorts, "No you don't Fae."

Rosie chuckles, "even if you did, you look very high class and I'd pay good money to spend the night with you."

I shoot them both a colourful gesture and give them a twirl as they take pictures on their phone to upload to social media. If this night helped me get over my ex and proved to him that I didn't need him in my life to have a good time then I'd suck up all my insecurities and go out looking like this.

But if this night turned out to be a total fail then I was never letting my two best friends talk me into anything else ever again.

~Club~

The music blared out of the speakers hitting me from every angle, and the strobe lights pulsed on my skin as I was dragged towards the bar. The club was already crowded to breaking point with sweaty bodies pressed together dancing and grinding without a care in the world.

Rosie orders us drinks and forces one into my hand and motions for me to loosen up so I down the unknown liquid flinching as it burnt my throat. Before I can react two shot glasses are pushed in front of me and feeling pressured I drink them.

"let's dance."

Ellie grabs my hand and pulls me onto the dance floor with Rosie swaying behind us. The alcohol was slowly working through my system and I start to dance around without a care in the world just like everyone else in the club. Maybe I did need a night out. Though I could have sworn I felt a set of eyes watching me from somewhere in the club.

~2 Hours Later~

By now I was slightly drunk and had been abandoned by my friends who had both found guys to spend the rest of the night with. Sitting at the bar I finish my drink and get ready to leave the club to go home and sleep. But a guy sits down next to me and dares to put a hand on my thigh.

"Hello, pretty lady sitting here all alone—"

"Err can you get your filthy hand off me please?"

The guys laughs and pats my leg, "let me buy you a drink sweet thing."

I shake my head, "no thanks and I'm not alone."

"I don't see anyone love, I can show you a good time."

His hand moves up my thigh and slides under the dress making me jump back in shock.

"Get your hand off my girlfriend before I break your hand and smash your face into this bar."

Another guy comes up behind Mr drunk and slaps his hand away, he was gorgeous and I didn't mind him being my fake boyfriend if it got rid of this creep. I smirk as Mr drunk quickly removes his hand before staring at me with wide eyes.

"You're actually with this psychopath, you can do better love."

I nod and my saviour moves next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder, "yes I am, now move along because he doesn't make empty threats."

The guy chuckles, "no I don't babe."

He then leans down and kisses my cheek as if he was marking his territory. Mr drunk stumbles off the stool and makes a fast exit making me laugh.

"I think you scared him."

"I wasn't about to let some creep prey on a pretty girl too good for him. I'm Corey."

Luckily the clubs dark lighting covers my blushing cheeks at being called pretty. Corey seemed like a genuine guy, and I couldn't put my finger on why I trusted him as much as I did.

"Well, Corey I'm Fae and thank you for saving me from that creep."

He smiles which makes my legs turn to jelly, damn he was perfect. Almost too perfect to be a simple human being.

"Do you want to get out of here and maybe go for a walk or something Fae. I mean only if you want to."

It was kind of cute to see Corey flustered when he was confident a few minutes ago. I had no plans for the rest of the night other than sleep, plus I kind of wanted to get to know Corey more because there was something intriguing about him.

"Let's get out of here Corey. Promise me that you're not some creep."

Corey chuckles, "I promise I'm not a creep and I'm not just saying that Fae. If I do anything wrong feel free to run a mile."

He offers me his arm which I accept and get off the stool. Now I was happy my friends convinced me to come out tonight even if they had ditched me earlier. If I could get photo evidence of me and Corey to put on social media then that would be the cherry on top to rub my new lease of life in my ex's face.