Chapter Twelve

1 WEEK LATER

COREY

Fae was having a nap in our room while I and the rest of the guys were huddled around Sid and his laptop in the dining room watching the hidden cameras in Fae's apartment. Danny had done some hacking to allow us access to the feed without the hunters knowing we were piggybacking. Danny also got us sound which worked wonders since the hunters never really left Fae's assuming she would come back.

"What change do we have today?"

Shawn leans against the door. Sid clicks through the different cameras before stopping on the lounge ones because Alex, Derek and three other guys who we now know were called Zack, Karl and George who were bigger dicks than any hunters we'd ever encountered in the past were sat around the dining table. Kind of like us right now.

"Sid turn the volume up."

Sid turns the volume up and we wait for something to happen. Alex clears his throat.

"Rosie is getting suspicious that Fae would take a trip out of the blue randomly without telling anyone especially her."

"Can't Ellie convince her all is good? If not we tie up loose ends like we normally do."

George slams his fists on the table, he was carefree about murdering an innocent girl who was concerned about her friend. I tap Sid on the shoulder.

"The phone you gave Fae can't be traced right? If we don't want innocent blood on our hands Fae could message Rosie and put her at ease and maybe even warn her."

Sid nods, "yeah the phone is pretty damn untraceable."

"Why are you guys watching the cameras in my apartment? And what did I overheard about someone wanting to kill Rosie?"

Fae appears next to Shawn making half of us jump, I hadn't even heard her come down the stairs.

"Rosie's not convinced about your 'holiday' as Ellie called it and the hunters want to keep her in line or kill her."

Fae gulps, "I don't want Rosie dead."

Shawn pats her shoulder, "Corey suggested you contact Rosie on the burner phone Sid gave you to reassure her everything's okay."

She pulls out the phone and starts to text while the rest of us go back to watching the laptop. The hunters were cleaning their guns which had wooden bullets meaning they were prepared for a fight.

"Oh, Shit!"

I turn to face Fae who was staring at her phone wide eyed, "what's wrong Fae?"

"Rosie left something at mine and she has a spare key and is going to head over to the apartment. I tried to stop her but she's adamant she needs the item."

Okay so this wasn't turning out like planned, Rosie was going to walk into an apartment full of hunters and get killed. Tears started to fill Fae's eyes. Rosie was more of a friend to her than Ellie during my death so I couldn't let this girl die.

"I can't believe I'm suggesting this but where does she live? If you can stall her then a couple of us can go over to hers and mind-control her into not wanting to go to your apartment and maybe even telling her she needs to leave town for a while."

Shawn had always been the most against unnecessary interaction with humans, but here he was suggesting we help one out. Jim, Mick, and Craig stand up and go over to Shawn.

"We'll come with you in case the hunters are watching Rosie's apartment."

Fae gives the guys Rosie's address and they leave allowing Fae to come and sit on my lap as she messaged her friend.