the requiem

When life has been hard, people assume death will be easy. They believe it doesn't have its struggles and its nightmares but they'd be wrong. Life and death are as challenging as each other.

     With life you must get by becoming a teenager and having to get a job, getting married, settling down and – possibly – having kids. If studied closely enough, people see death isn't all that much different as they think it would be; the five stages speak for themselves.

     First, there's denial. You begin to think only of yourself and not of the deceased. Self-pity is to blame, after all. You ask, why? Why did this have to happen to me? The usual questions only humans would ask, as if they'd thought they were being punished.

     Then, your grief may take you to the next two stages: anger and bargaining. You'll take it out on someone else you care about (humans always do, it's in their nature) and negotiate on the terms of agreement or exchange one thing for another, such as wanting to stay friends, even though it may not be their true intention.

     Finally, there's depression, where a human may cut him or herself off from the rest of their friends, perhaps even cause harm to their own self. And for what? How will you ever know?  Suicide is a blind man's game.

     Then, at the very end of the long and winding road, if it ever arrives, there lies acceptance.

     When you live in a world made of war and terrorization, no one can't accept it. A person must die for someone else to be born. If humans lived forever then the world would be over-populated. Death is a way of life, it exists because it has to. It's what makes the earth go round.

     Is there anybody on earth that doesn't want to die some day? Don't they all? Don't they all secretly want to burn out and be forgotten?

     There are only specific things that should be carried on throughout history, such as the World Wars, or any war in fact, important things like that. Not people, that's unnatural. How would you explain it if you looked back one hundred years and saw how similar you are to back when? Who wouldn't think it creepy?

     Life is a pretty little nightmare, in any case. If you think you want to live forever, then go ahead, be our guest. Only everyone is going to assume you're messed up. You will lose everyone and everything you have in the life you're living now, and you wouldn't mind carrying on without that?

     Hardly.

     You see, death isn't technically a bad thing, not like the boogeyman. It's not out to get anybody, it doesn't pick out its victims, its victims seek it. It's never by accident and it's not fate like some say.

     Death is a gift.

     It relieves you of pain, it washes away your tears and complaints. More often than you believe, people wish for it to come to them, whether it be an expression or a cry of misunderstanding. Everybody thinks 'I want to die' one, two or even more days in their life.

     The only time it wouldn't be seen as a good thing is if you're trapped in a box, suffocating from a lack of oxygen and blacking out. Very few people suffer from a condition like that, but some do.

     Your box is a coffin, your cause of short breathing is because you're six feet under the ground, buried under soil and earth and you're blacking out because no air is entering your lungs. People need to breathe to survive, without air a short life is certainly expected.

     Sounds are dulled, vision is unclear and the taste of rot is resting at the back of your throat. You swallow it and it just makes it worse, nothing could possibly be more awful than that.

     Have you been buried alive? The day you are, it's the sole thought appearing time and time again in your head.

     I ask because it was my first thought when I opened my eyes, gasping.

THE END... for now.

——————————
Please, if you liked this story then vote/comment/fan, I would like to know I have your support :D.
Book 2 "The Beautiful Grave" is available now.. Huggles everyone!
Paige xx