pain is pleasure

WARNING: contains sexual content
——————————

frost

Lily cradled Brad Stone's dead body in her arms for hours, screaming at anyone who came near them. She cried for so long, pushed his hair back and kissed him on his cold, lifeless lips. She probably didn't even see that he was blue and white with death.

          After about an hour of trying to persuade her to come away with them, the students all went back to their dorms, a lot of them crying, too. It appeared Brad was a popular boy among everybody, he had a lot of friends.

          Frost sat directly across from Lily, watching her intently to figure out how it was going to affect her in the long-run. It might have a colossal effect on her mentality. She was hardly sane anyway, she didn't need her grief to make her even more unstable. This was going to affect their relationship as well, no doubt about it. He just wondered if it was worth breaking up over, because that was clearly what she was going to do.

          He might as well brace himself also for the slaps, kicks and beatings he was going to get for kissing Pierce, too. That part was his fault, he'd admit, but he also didn't mind if she took out her grief on him. He'd taken part in Brad's murder, technically. He deserved punishment for his crime and he would take it like a man.

          Lily's tears were consistent and he felt bad for her. The last thing she needed was another friend disappearing from her life. First, it was Sunday, then Violet nearly came to her climax, and now Brad. Frost wouldn't correct her if she'd suddenly think the universe was out to get her.

          It appeared the same way to him too.

          After the first two hours, Lily had obviously grown tired but still hadn't moved. Instead of giving up and letting him take her to her room, she enveloped herself in Brad's dead embrace. His limbs hung from her hip and shoulder where she'd put them, but she seemed comfortable enough. Frost sat there as she dozed off, exhausted from all her tears.

          During her excruciating slumber, he'd heard the wailing of an ambulance, knowing she'd heard it, as well. She woke up, still not fully conscious yet and then focused on the sounds that rung throughout the entire building.

          Suddenly, she was on alert, her eyes darting over Brad's body like she didn't know what to do.

     Remembering that Frost was still with her, she took the carcass in her arms and tried to lift it from the ground, then stared up at him, a wild look in her puffy reddened eyes.

     "Help us." Her voice barely rose above a whisper and he flinched.

     He could see her suffering in her huge brown eyes, they pleaded with him during this grievous time. She'd only known Brad for the past three months, just like she did everybody, but he could see she loved him a little bit more than the rest of the people she'd met. She wanted (and perhaps even loved) Frost but she needed Brad. She wasn't prepared to let go of him yet.

     Seeing her like this almost cut Frost in two. He didn't know whether to assist her by removing the body from the scene or to hold her back as the medics zipped him up in a body bag and wheeled him away to the morgue. He was at a loss.

     "Frost, come on." She hissed through tears. They fell on the dead boy's white, stony skin, embedding into his flesh. He saw how it absorbed them like he was a sponge, it was the singular most confusing thing he'd seen.

     It was then that another (and earlier discarded) thought popped into his head.

     Why couldn't Lily save Brad tonight, but yet she'd been able to resuscitate Violet? The question ran through Frost's mind on repeat, all the while he stood there gaping at her. When she'd been begging him to change Brad, why didn't she stop to do her healing thing, too? It was confusing why she didn't, especially since the boy meant a lot more to her than Violet.